Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone with AirRide in a 4th Gen F-Body?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with AirRide in a 4th Gen F-Body?

Here is an article I found online from Super Chevy..

http://www.superchevy-web.com/tech/0410sc_4thgen/

Just searching for opinions. Likes? Dislikes? Pros? Cons? etc...

Does anyone know of anyone with this setup??
Old 09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

And another in Chevy High Performance...

http://chevyhiperformance.com/techar.../148_0501_air/

I'm been debating doing this to my car for many reasons...
1. Car Shows - Many people would be surprised to see a Camaro on Air.
2. Infinitely adjustable on the fly...
3. Would look awesome slammed to the ground.
4. RARE - I have yet to see another 4th Gen on Air.

Most people seem to think that an air suspension would hamper performance. From what I've read and seen I'd have to disagree. I think it would ride and handle better without sacrificing 1/4 times... Just think you could put more air in the right rear air cylinder to help on the launch. Raise the front up to put more weight on the rear of the car for better traction.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Teching In

There's too many 4th gens slammed on air out here on Gratiot. It was a dream of mine way back when, but when I finally saw one in real life, it looked horrible. The stick shaker driving it was a retard also.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Very interersting articles - and idea.

I first heard about ART and performance handling on either Trucks or HPTV (forget which). I've been skeptical about it because I couldn't see how they could lower the height without softening things up. Guess they use a more coil-over type ride height adjustment? (doesn't really say, so I'm just guessing)

However they do it, it sure sounds like it works. The ability to adjust both spring and shock rates almost infinitely and from the cabin is very appealing. (start out having a cruising mode and a performance mode dialed in, and then as you get more advanced take advantage of the adjustability for track conditions and whatnot)

Of course, one question is alignment. You would almost have to pick a height and stick to it. Which would in turn limit the stiffness/softness adjustments you could make, and you sort of end up back close to what you would have with a traditional spring in that case.

But the allure is still there. I'd love to hear more about this. It seems evident that it's an upgrade over stock. But what about comparing it to the best of the (traditional) aftermarket in similar fashion?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Teching In

just finished installing the complete system , shockwave in front, coolrides in rear with the full pro-ride e system......BITCHIN!!! rides like a cad, parked looks like a ferrari. a bit pricy, but for some one as excessive/compulsive as me, perfect, no regrets
Old 10-04-2005, 05:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by cbracing
just finished installing the complete system , shockwave in front, coolrides in rear with the full pro-ride e system......BITCHIN!!! rides like a cad, parked looks like a ferrari. a bit pricy, but for some one as excessive/compulsive as me, perfect, no regrets
HELL YEAH!!! Post some pics man... I am dying to see another one.. How was the install? Any before/after track times? Any more reviews??

Quick Reply: Anyone with AirRide in a 4th Gen F-Body?