Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6

EDIT: just found nonadjustable bilstein shocks on SLP for $400
Be careful that you use the appropriate spring rates with those shocks. Also make sure that the springs you already have are the same rates as ones that would come with SLP's spring/bilstein shock kit. I believe that the WS6 might have its unique spring rate, so that's why I gave a word of caution.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

what if you have the sts kit can you still use sub frame connectors?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Probably the first mod after brake pads and rotors when my car comes out of storage next year...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I welded a set of two point SFCs on today. They were UMI boxed sub frames and their fit and finish was good. No large gaps or anything. One of the LCA "brackets" {for the lack of a better term} had a tab that was slightly bent wrong. The two holes for the LCA bolt was not in line and the bracket had to be bent slightly. Saying that, it was nothing out of the ordinary for a mod like this. I could have bought any of the various brands and most likely would have had something that was just a bit "off".

My car has 50K miles on it with allot of suspension mods. I did feel a difference, not like adding a 35mm sway bar or throwing on a set of Konis but there was a difference and I'm fairly stingy when giving thumbs up on mods. My "seat of the pants" meter isn't very sensitive so it has to be fairly noticeable before I notice it. For instance, I didn't feel crap when I added a Shock Tower Brace, 100$ wasted.

One thing is for sure, it was worth doing for two really good reasons. First reason is the ability to jack one side of the car up by using the SFC as a jacking rail, cool. Second thing will be that I do have a jacking rail now. The tire changers will hopefully no longer use my dern lower fender tabs for jacking any longer!!!!