Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what rear spring/shock combo for street/strip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what rear spring/shock combo for street/strip?

I have a 00' WS6 with bone stock suspension, will be getting SFC's and LCA's soon. What would be the best rear shock/spring combo? Car is a daily driver and will see the track about once a month. I drive 50miles per day so it needs to ride decent on the street. I've been looking at the QA1's but i'm not sure what exact ones to get. Car makes 500rwhp on the bottle and i'd like to run slicks at the track. All suggestions are appreciated.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

no advice?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

I would definitely run the QA1 shocks, I run the single adjustable and they work fine, the double adjustables are nice because you can adjust compression and rebound, but IMO the singles are fine. For springs, I would try to find a set of rear springs out a 93-97 V6 F-Body, they are softer and will help in traction, or you could just run stock springs....
Old 11-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hardtop00SS
I would definitely run the QA1 shocks, I run the single adjustable and they work fine, the double adjustables are nice because you can adjust compression and rebound, but IMO the singles are fine. For springs, I would try to find a set of rear springs out a 93-97 V6 F-Body, they are softer and will help in traction, or you could just run stock springs....
Right now my car is sitting a little lower in the right rear than the left, i'm sure that spring needs replaced. I want to do the springs and shocks at the same time, will the V6 springs change the ride height much?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Procircuit155
Right now my car is sitting a little lower in the right rear than the left, i'm sure that spring needs replaced. I want to do the springs and shocks at the same time, will the V6 springs change the ride height much?

Yes, the V6 springs are softer so they will squat down a little more than stock. Are you wanting to leave it stock height?
Old 11-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LETHL_SS
Yes, the V6 springs are softer so they will squat down a little more than stock. Are you wanting to leave it stock height?
I just don't want it to look like the rear is sagging down bad

Quick Reply: what rear spring/shock combo for street/strip?