Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable Panhard Rod

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adjustable Panhard Rod

Im looking at getting the BMR APHR, how hard is it to intall on a lowered Camaro? I went to install university but they had it for a non-adjustable phr.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Install is very simple, you can't fuge it up. Adjusting it is also easy, just take your time and you'll be fine. A little side note on adj. the rear...try to drop a plumb bob on each side of the rear fenders. I choose to use two pieces of tape, two pieces of string and two sockets. I taped the string dead center of the rear wheel well (but on the fender) and measured from the center cap to the string (Others use a different measuring point on the wheel it's up to you to choose where). The socket acts as the plumb bob, just to complete the visual I'm talking about for ya. Take your measurements and keep adj. till your rear is centered, that's it. P.S. Once the rear is centered be sure to place a dab of locktight/or the like, on the threads that the two (shall I say) locking nuts will be tightened down on. This is to prevent the nuts from backing off and allowing the rear to become misaligned.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installing an adjustable phb and non adjustable phb on the vehicle is exactly the same. Once it's on and the vehicle is back on the ground, look at the vehicle from the back and look at how far the tires stick out past the bumper on each side. Turn the adjusting nut on the phb until it looks exactly the same on both sides.