Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BAD ABS problem!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BAD ABS problem!

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.. during hard braking or when driving at a high speed and braking.. My driverside front wheel will engage ABS and no other wheels will..

it pretty much almost put me into a wall at the end of a track.. and i removed all of my ABS fuses and the problem went away..

Is it my abs sensor? or possible bad connection or something?

How do i go about changing the sensor itself if thats the problem? Thanks guys!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

ABS appears to be more a problem then it's worth. You can replace the components if you feel you need ABS OR you can delete ABS from your car. We do manufacture an ABS delete kit that will clean up your engine bay quite a bit while reducing ~15 lbs of dead weight.

You'll probably spend more money repairing your ABS system.

Good luck.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

hmm that may be worth considering.. its always just given me problems anyways.. and if you don't drive in the winter.. why would you have any use for it... good point! I'll check out that kit! Appreciate the idea!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

I've always stated, ABS is nice for a grocery car, but does not have any bearing on a drag car or road race car of which most people use the cars for.

Removing ABS will also lower the costs of a new Strange 12 bolt also and the hassle of re-using or purchasing relutor gears. In the end, you'll save ~100-200.00 from purchasing a new rear-end.

You will also not be limited to using the same tires sizes or having other ABS/TCS issues. It is also a great bang for the buck concerning a cost/weight expense! In the end, there really are only pluses to removing ABS...who can or would want to use a rear-wheel drive car with large tires in the winter anyways.

Good luck with your decisions,

Steve
Old 02-14-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea very good points! Thanks for the info.. as soon as some heat hits michgan i'll be ordering the ABS removal kit! Thanks