Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

handling on a 98 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default handling on a 98 Z28

as of now my car is bone stock, but i want it to handle real good, (i would love to out handle my friends S4, Yeah right) an di need advice. I purchased SFC's, LCA's, and a panhard bar, and strut tower bar. i also plan on buying shocks and sway bars. Does any one have any recomendations for either. Oh i also don't want to lower my car i know that kills the handling but i just cant lower my car.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

First, the LCA's are not only not needed, but can work against you. The STB is IMHO of no use. The PHB was a good buy *if* you bought a good strong one (and many aren't). SFC's hurt not at all, but also are far from necessary.....

BTW, an S4 weighs as much and has a worse weight distribution. We can make your car easily keep pace with the S4. And do it without lowering too, because it's a myth that the car can't handle at stock height.

I'd suggest you search, because this gets talked about a lot. You have choices for parts. I have my preferences, and my recommendations and it's pretty well documented if you look around.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: handling on a 98 Z28