Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach to stock springs + Koni SA's

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eibach to stock springs + Koni SA's

Here is my before and after from being lowered to going back to stock springs with Koni's in the front. Before I did the rears I was running BMR springs which I don't have a picture of.

Before:
Front - Prokit + Bilstein HDs
Back - stock springs w/ heater hose + Blistein HDs

After:
Front - Stock springs + Koni SA's (lower spring perch)
Back - Stock springs w/ heater hose + Bilstein HDs

I'll be putting Koni SA 4th gens in the back soon. The front's look aweful and I hope to god it's because the springs have been sitting uncompressed for 5 years. And that's with the lower spring perch! Someone please tell me they will settle a bit.

I have the Konis set at full soft to match the Bilstein rears and the car feels good. I wouldn't call it night and day but I need to drive it more to give it a thorough evaluation.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Launching!

I wouldn't call it night and day but I need to drive it more to give it a thorough evaluation.
Ok scratch that. I just went up and down the worst road in my area (dips, slopes, hills..) and the car handled incredibly. I use to have to creep on that road and now I could probably do 80 on it and not even veer off corse. It may not look pretty but it handles!
Old 02-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Glad to hear you like them.... The stock springs can handle pretty well if controlled with good dampers. And you can't beat the comfort of the OEM spring. Increase the rebound on the front.... 4 sweeps from full firm is a good start, you most certainly don't have to "match" the Bilsteins in the rear. Infact, the front prefers a little more than the rear. I like my rear Koni's set at full soft. Oh... I just went to the garage to check, my front sit's at 26.5" with stock springs on the lower perch, yours should settle.

Scott.

Last edited by May Spin; 02-25-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Weestro: Im a newbie when it comes to suspension but when your talking about the back springs, you mention heater hose- which other post have mentioned also. What is that and where is it located? Im very curious as to what it does or whatever, thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Launching!

The stock rear springs have a big thick rubber isolator that sits between the body and the spring. To lower the rear using stock springs you can remove this rubber isolator and slide a length of heater hose over the top coil of the spring. This will net you ~5/8" drop in the rear.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Launching!

I think they're starting to settle a little already (or maybe I'm just getting used to the look). I'll measure tonight and see where I'm at compared to you Scott.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great weestro. How the clearance with ur true duals. What size are ur wheels. they look awesome
Old 03-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Thanks! Wheels are 17x11-back and 17x9-front. The clearance now is great, no scraping at all! I measured and I'm at 27" but the new look is growing on me. I can't wait to get the rear konis in!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the 17x11 in the rear, do u have to hammer the rear fender?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Launching!

I still haven't done that but I should. It only rubs a little on extreme and bumpy turns which is rare. I rolled the fenders when I was lowered which now wouldn't be necessary.

Quick Reply: Eibach to stock springs + Koni SA's