Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR/Tbryne forgot my bolts!! Which ones do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR/Tbryne forgot my bolts!! Which ones do I need?

Hey, i ordered a BMR Panhard relocation kit and new pandard bar from TBRINE motorsports, and was looking to get it installed tonight (based on the shipping expectations from UPS and overall ecxcitement from placing an order on the 21st of feb) and I have NO bolts in the kit!

I made an appointment w/ the local exhaust shop in the morning and HAVE to get this done tonight. Does anyone know the bolts I need to make up for my incomplete kit to get this thing installed TONIGHT? do they have to be a spicific length/grade/size? my car sits withought exhaust and undriavable for another week unless i can get this on.

Anyone?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Can you not re-use your existing bolts? My panhard bar didn't come with bolts, just little bushings that made it possible to use the stock bolts. I believe this is pretty common.

-Mike
Old 03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Can you not re-use your existing bolts? My panhard bar didn't come with bolts, just little bushings that made it possible to use the stock bolts. I believe this is pretty common.

-Mike
No, because i have the kit that, with these 3 bolts, allows you to re-locate the panhard bar.

the bolts are part of the kit. there are no existing bolts for a panhard relocation... but if it was just the bar, yes i could
Old 03-07-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

He got the relocation kit, it uses some of the stock bolts but also needs a new bolt for the PHB to actually attach to. Unfortunately, I don't have the info he needs since I've not seen the kit. BMR usually has someone around on these forums (but I forget the username), I'd try to locate them, or just call them and see what you find out.

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

i attempted to call, but they close 5:30 eastern. wee bit too early if you work a day job anywhere but the east coast. i'm so mad.

come on BMR, help me out.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Ah, I've not messed with a relocation kit yet, so I didn't know how they worked.

Free bump for you.

-Mike
Old 03-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Ah, I've not messed with a relocation kit yet, so I didn't know how they worked.

Free bump for you.

-Mike
its all good, homie
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Launching!

I have that kit which came with 3 new bolts from BMR. 2 of the bolts are too big and won't fit into the frame anyway. Reuse the 2 bolts from the stock bar for the top 2 holes and get a slightly larger bolt with nylon locker nut for the bottom hole. Home depot/lowes should have what you need.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

I talked to BMR this morning and they are air mailing me out the hardware... say'in I should have it in a little over 24 hours. I'll take a look at the hardware once I get em to see if I need to run to pick up others like you say weestro. thanks alot, and while frustrated, BMR handled it nicely.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

I got the bolts yesterday. they were overnighted to me, and I did get it into the exhaust shop, though probablly won't see my baby till wed.

Thanks BMR for shipping those out so fast...

The kit is installed, and it looks great, easy to install, though I did have to drill open (a little bit) two of the bolt holes.

Nice Kit, BMR. looks great, and should realy open it up for duals!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:23 AM
TECH Addict

Yes, it is a nice kit and functions well for added clearance of large exhaust over the axle - but you have to sell your 1st born child to afford it. Materials used are not that expensive and there really is not much to it - so we must be paying for 'Engineering Costs'

I will be waiting till another suspension company here on the forum comes up with their version that is priced realistically...