Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shocks & springs set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question shocks & springs set up

i have an 02 SS daily driver but im modding it some...

*i was looking at getting KYB Adjustable AGX shocks with the Eibach Ground Control Coil-Over Kit --- what you guys think good set up or wat? let me know so i can decide on what to order???

*also whos best in suspension UMI - Spohn - Hotchkis - SLP - BMR ETC.???
Old 03-08-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

i never even seen the groun control coil-over kit, is that on there web page? i know there is a company called ground control.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up go to...........................

Originally Posted by rjkZ28
i never even seen the groun control coil-over kit, is that on there web page? i know there is a company called ground control.

here go to www.ws6store.com/ best store ever in my opinion to get parts from they have everything and best prices and deals u can get. when you get to the page click 98-02 and then go to suspension then springs Eibach teamed up with Ground Control to make a adjustable coil over kit its pretty sweet.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

does that include the front and rear? doesnt say on there
Old 03-09-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't mess with those AGX's they are not bad but cost more than Bilstiens which are alot better. The adjustability is stiff to rock hard on the Kyb's so not a big deal.

I think for a DD I just go with some Eibach pro kit, Hotchkis, BMR.

I have a BMR springs and Bilstein setup and I love it, sure its not the ultimate for competitive track day but for a recreational racer and weekend drag strips its a decent setup. MUCH and I mean MUCH!!!!!! better than stock.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the GC set up. What spring rates are u going to get. Springs keep the car off the ground. The lower u go the more rate u need. You should get better shocks. Get the koni shocks. When the konis and GC some people have trouble getting the "hat off" If you are short on money Sam will do a set of Bilstiens with new valving.

Yes RJK it is both ends.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
CRI
Teching In

I have the KYB AGX with DMS springs and love them. I got my entire set up for under $500 shipped. I guess I got what I paid for.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the suspension manufacutures you listed. I have something from hotchicks, UMI and spohn. The quality of the pieces is very similar as well as the customer service.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

yea see im worried about blowing out my shocks, because i have really shitty streets around me. so i need a shock that has some adjustablity, i really wanted to go with the revlaved bilsteins but i wasnt sure how long they would last me.i really want the GC setup, i have the eibach prokit now, and they arent bad im not really impressed by them. i was gonna go with the DMS srpings, buti just found these GC so now im really not sure what i want to do.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

when Eibach teamed up with Ground Control they made something already great even better. i have a friend with them on his 02 WS-6 they are bad if u have any ?'s about anything go to ws6store.com/ click on contact and email them and in the subject heading type forward to Mike K. and he can probably work ya a good deal like he does with me. but do me a favor tell him Hunter sent ya.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Regular

so what you think i should go with for a daily driver, weekend drag racer? bilsteins and dms, bilsteins and GC, KYB and Dms or KYB and GC?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

any input? when i mean bilsteins, i mean the re-valved ones.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rjkZ28
so what you think i should go with for a daily driver, weekend drag racer? bilsteins and dms, bilsteins and GC, KYB and Dms or KYB and GC?
Neither.... If you need to ask this type of question, you really need to slow down and think. I would imagine the reason your "not impressed" with the Eibachs is because you've just increased the front spring rates by nearly 110lbs and ultimately over 20lb's in the rear and are still trying to control them with the DeCarbons, which did a **** poor job controlling the OEM springs let alone the Prokit. The Prokit isn't a bad spring it just needs to be properly controled, that's all. Your car probably sits nice with the drop, but rides like crap .

Now you want to consider DMS which have considerably higher rates (less comfort on a daily driver). GC's are nice but are not the Holy Grail, they're great for the racer who wishes to experiment with different rates in combination with ride height. But with that comes problems with fitment issues with some shocks, constant re-alignment after height changes. Revalving Bilstein HD's are a great choice If you are happy with the rates of one particular spring. You may want to consider Koni SA's, their adjustability will not only help you now, but might be the only damper capable of controlling the DMS's.

Take baby steps, fix what you have now. If your roads are bad then there's even more reason to buy a quality made shock, your choices are revalved Bilstein's or Koni's.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

ok i understand why my shocks suck. i had sportlines on another car of mine and i wasnt impressed with them, and yes i had the proper shock for it. my car sits pretty nice i would like to have the front a little bit more though it just seems like the front sits a little higher then the back. i have herd nuthing but things about DMS, so i figured i would give them a shot and i figured with the revalved bilsteins it would be ok to run DMS springs, correct me if im wrong.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Be careful..... How many of those folks with DMS's have actually tried other spring rates to compare, let alone have them and what they replaced correctly dampened, that concept is still an uphill battle on this board. Now, Sportlines on a F-body are a completely different animal, the lower you go the more spring rate you'll need, Sportlines have actually less in the front than the Prokit, the result is bouncing off the bumpstops.

DMS's need alot of shock, their rates are ultimately very high in the front. You'll need to talk to Sam regarding the limits of revalving HD's to match them.

You need new dampers regardless, Koni's although pricey are awesome, they'll control the Prokit with ease and will handle the DMS's. I would prefer to see you fix what you have now.... I'm not convinced increasing the spring rates dramatically is the answer.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

well the reason i dont want the springs are because they were off a 97 lt1 car, and i think thats the reason why they arent so good.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

sorry that was supposed to be from me, my buddy was on my computer.