Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

attempt 1 to prevent wheel hop

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attempt 1 to prevent wheel hop

so i hear relocation brackets will help my wheel hop...but me being ignorant about suspension doesnt know what they do...i obviousley would assume they allow you to set your control arms at different heights to help get better traction....we'll see, ill try out those first.....i heard a TA would make it go bye bye but i was also told that with my current setup (stock TA and 9" bracket) it changed pinion angle....this is just words to me...just like me saying cold water adds positive reactivity to a critical reactor....
Old 03-17-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, 595/523 and you're still running the stock torque arm? Still running the stock lower control arms? Get a Spohn or BMR adjustable torque arm with the TA relocation mount or crossbrace. The adjustable torque arm will allow you to change your pinion angle. Get some LCA relocation brackets, and aftermarket LCAs if you don't already have them. It will make your wheel hop problems disappear. I also have a 9", and am running the BMR Trak Pak, and BMR LCAs w/ relocation brackets. No more wheel hop problems here.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lower the backend of the Control Arm is changing the instant center of your suspension. Most people will see major wheel hop issues when they lower the car. When you lower the car, the control arm angle changes and so does your instant center. To fix this add Control Arm relocation brackets.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok ill start with that first....i still have to do more research but i like hearing from what others learned through experience...

Quick Reply: attempt 1 to prevent wheel hop