Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wilwood brakes??? 6 piston Pad thickness

Old 03-18-2006, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wilwood brakes??? 6 piston Pad thickness

My brakes squel, bad! So I thought a new set of pads would cure the ear piercing noise! A racer friend of mine suggested that the compound may be causing the noise as well as a little brake maintenance.

I figured I'd just get new pads and call it quits. So I order what I need, but they seem to be to thick... At the time I did not notice that they have thick and thin pads for this brake setup, so the question is has anyone used thick pads with the trans am 6 piston wilwood setup? Thick pads are .8 and thin are .65 in thickness.

Any info would be great!
Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running a 6 piston kit with 1.1" thick rotors and I use a .800 pad. I thought you only used the thin pad with one of the thinner versions of that caliper (there are a few versions for different rotors and a thin version for wheel clearance), but it's been a while since I looked at that info and I could be wrong.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wrong pads

Thanks for the info, sounds like what I saw on the Wilwood site, it looks like I have the wrong pads. Hopefully I dont have to pay a restocking fee, I told them I had the 6 piston caliper according to the wilwood ,catalog they sent me pads for the 60 piston SL-6r caliper for the samller rotors like you said. Thanks again!

Search this Thread