Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

sell my new SFC's for better sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question sell my new SFC's for better sway bars?

all this discussion about SFC's, and their true"performance" gains has led me to believe that I may benefit from something else at this point...

i have the BMR boxed SFC's and they are brand new, in my room. I do not have upgraded sway bars as of yet..
Would I benefit more from selling the SFC's and buying a nice set of sway bars (hotchkiss, Strano...)

OR should i just say screw the nay-sayers and install the sfc's...then buy sway bars later

help
thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can sell the SFC for sway bars, but you won't get that much for the SFC. What do they cost? $100.00? Just install the SFC and buy the sway bars. Sway bars will set you back about $300.00. My combo cost me close to $400.00. Your call.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got em, throw em on and see how it feels. We got a set of SLP Bolt-ons and the car felt completely different. It felt so much better.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

NONONONONO.. ..do not get rid of SFC's....they make the car alot less flimsy...just keep saving and getting additional performance parts like the sway bars when u can afford them.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i know they are more$$ i would just put the $ towards the sway bars...
have you been reading the posts about the "best suspension mods"??
some like the sfc's some dont....who is correct it sucks..

also
they are weld in...once theyre in, theyre in
correct
thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

YES -- I have read the other posts but I have also ridden in a camaro without SFC's and there is a big sloppy difference.Since then my friend has installed them and it is much more controllable and precise.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
YES -- I have read the other posts but I have also ridden in a camaro without SFC's and there is a big sloppy difference.Since then my friend has installed them and it is much more controllable and precise.

what about the weight addition, do you think it makes a diff???
just wondering
Thanks!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just today sent away for my Strano Swaybars.....I cant weight...how come they arent here already!

Oh..Keep the bars
Old 03-19-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

ok ill keep em

thanks guys!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, you don't have to sell them, however if you keep them off until you get newer set of shocks, springs, and swaybars, you'll see how there isn't any of this placebo slop like the ones who disagree with me do. And how much hp you have at the moment? If it isn't higher tham mine and you aren't doing 4500 rpm burnouts, then you know what I'm saying. I speak from doing it first, then installing several other, "stronger" 3-point types later on.

EDIT: and bear this article in mind http://www.1le.net/docs/tittermary.jpg. do you think that a "feel" may get you faster around an AX course alone, which is similar but almost always rougher than the roughest of street driving? The vehicle right below has SFC's and it didn't quite make it around the AX course much better, in fact, not better times overall. Yes, there was some body roll from the 1LE, however you select your sway bars that should tell you that too stiff of a rear end could cause snap oversteer. There's a good reason not to go too big on the rear. Yeah I've rode in a 1999 1LE and can tell you that it may feel sloppy, but then again, turn up the rebound, and you're not going to experience much slop.

Last edited by Foxxton; 03-19-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep the SFCs! They were one of the best mods I did... I should have done them a lot sooner. It got rid of a bunch of rattles that I had inside the car and it the car has a more stiff ride like it should. Install your SFCs and get the sway bars later.

What shocks are you running? IF you have stock shocks upgrade those before doing any other stuff. Stock shocks suck
Old 03-19-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

i have Bilstein shocks and matched springs with a 1.25" drop. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this set up....it was the FIRST thing i did when I had the car...it handles like a ****..

I agree with what Foxxton is saying, but there are too many happy users as well that counter what he is trying to say, therefore, since the $ was already spent, Ill hang on to them...and next will be some nice Sway Bars!

THANKS to all who chimed in