Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panhard Pictures

Does anyone have any before and after Pictures of their panhard install? I'm trying to see how changing this opens up space so you can run a dual exhaust setup over the axel on the passanger side.

Also, sorry to ask a dumb question, but what (other than then above) does this replacement do exactly?

Thanks,
Quatney
Old 03-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Nevermind, I found a great explination on www.installuniversity.com. Thanks anyway.

I do, however, wonder what the difference is in the adjustables vs. non-adjustables.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Adjustables allow you to adjust the rear axle left/right to center it (left/right) under the car. This isnt necessary for stock right hide, but is necessary when the ride hieght is changed (ex: lowering the car).

That being said....
I have stock right height, but I do have adjustable Spohn rod/poly PHB and LCAs. They allow for the adjustment of the rear axle in all horizontal directions (left, right, forward back, diagonally). My rear was a bit off with the stock parts and is all straight now with the adjustables (adjusted by the mechanic during an alignment...you have to ask for it and may need to convince them to do it).
Old 03-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you lower the car (change springs) it changes the geometry of the rear suspension. Keeping the stock (non adjustable) Pan Bar shifts the rear axle to the left. You need to shorten (adjust) the bar to compensate. Adjustable bars have a turnbuckle type arrangement on the shaft to adjust the length.
HTH
Old 03-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIP1
Adjustables allow you to adjust the rear axle left/right to center it (left/right) under the car. This isnt necessary for stock right hide, but is necessary when the ride hieght is changed (ex: lowering the car).

That being said....
I have stock right height, but I do have adjustable Spohn rod/poly PHB and LCAs. They allow for the adjustment of the rear axle in all horizontal directions (left, right, forward back, diagonally). My rear was a bit off with the stock parts and is all straight now with the adjustables (adjusted by the mechanic during an alignment...you have to ask for it and may need to convince them to do it).
What he said....
Old 03-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Panhard Pictures