Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Great set up for fast street only car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Great set up for fast street only car?

Hey guys, my car will be undergoing some power mods here soon and looking for a purely badass street car. I want it to ride good and handle real well but still get the pwoer to the ground, but wont be doing any hard launches so it doesnt need that type of traction. Car will be on 18's and i like the lowered look. So what parts do you guys suggest for a powerful street car for suspension? Thanks

BTW, car has Hotchkis SFCs, STB, and sportline springs (Really dig the stance they give me with the 18s)

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-07-2006, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to get the power to the ground better, Lower control arms and a adjustable panhard rod since you have been lowered. ive heard a torque arm helps but i have no experence with that so id let someone else chime in on that. might want to look into some good brakes also.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

i would invest in some reallllly good shocks....thats where your firm ride will come from!
----Koni's-----
Old 04-07-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
i would invest in some reallllly good shocks....thats where your firm ride will come from!
----Koni's-----
I agree...but you can save money (a little) by getting custom-valved Bilsteins. Contact Strano and ask for shocks valved specifically for your sportlines.

I'd also go ahead and get poly sway bar bushings and heavy-duty end links. It's cheap and makes a good difference.

Quick Reply: Great set up for fast street only car?