Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Rotors; New Annoying Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New Rotors; New Annoying Sounds

Well, I just installed new cross-drilled-slotted rotors all round. But now everytime I drive next to a wall atleast going 50mph, I am hearing an inconsistent metalic rattling sound (sounds like a peice of metal flying around under the plastic center cap) coming from my driver rear tire. But if I am under 50mph its really hard to hear, if not gone. I have triple checked my caliper and made sure everything was tightend. The lug nuts are tight! I did not apply the grease behind the brake pads. It leads me to believe that my e-brake has something wrong with it. I have to pull the brake handle all the way (to the last click) or my car will not stay put! That also was a new symptom from the rotors. They were a cheap buy online. Could it be that the gear teeth are not fitting propery? This has been driving me CRAZY!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

I had the exact same problem you have, put the (anti sqeak) grease on the back of the pads. Make sure you do both pads and on passenger side of rear b/c once i fixed the one on the driverside rear and drove around, my passenger side needed it too, just could not hear over the driverside, but that should be it gl
Old 04-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks dude! I will go try that right now!