Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR Lowering Springs

I did a search on these but only came up with "for sale" threads. Eveyone seems to be using the Eibach Pro-Kit. It is a great kit, no doubt, I had it on my Mustang I just sold. I am curious how they perform and look on a 99-02 Camaro. The look I am trying to achieve is an all black car with red accents here and there, but have all of my suspension red. BMR appears to be the only company that offers this color straight from the factory without having the need to take it to a powdercoater. They're products seem to be top notch and it looks like a good company. Is the ~1" even noticeable? I don't think I could go much lower than that since my car already scrapes at factory height coming out of my driveway at times. Do these springs increase the response to the road at all? (example: lessen body roll, stiffen suspension, etc.) I am planning on getting a set of these for my black '99 SS after I finish up my wheels/tires in the upcoming months.
Any pictures/feedback will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
-Tyler
Old 04-27-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have them on my car and I think it lowered the car just right. It's not slammed but you can sure tell it's lowered. I bought them because I wanted something that would lower the car but not so low I would scrape on everything when I drive the car. The ride is pretty nice but the shocks play a big part in that. I have a few pics on my car domain page just click on my sig. There is a pic of my car with them in the sticky up at the top this section too.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Teching In

They're a little on the stiff side so be sure to get some shocks that can properly dampen them. Koni SA's would be a good choice
Old 04-28-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I have them on my car and I think it lowered the car just right. It's not slammed but you can sure tell it's lowered. I bought them because I wanted something that would lower the car but not so low I would scrape on everything when I drive the car. The ride is pretty nice but the shocks play a big part in that. I have a few pics on my car domain page just click on my sig. There is a pic of my car with them in the sticky up at the top this section too.
That's definitely a slick looking car you've got there With the pictures you have on your site, is the only thing suspension-wise the BMR lowering springs? That's the stance I'm going after for my SS Can you see the springs at all? I think it would be pretty badass to be able to see the red springs on my black car
Old 04-28-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Velocity Boy
They're a little on the stiff side so be sure to get some shocks that can properly dampen them. Koni SA's would be a good choice
I like a stiff ride though. I like the ability to "feel" the road, not glide around like a marshmellow. There really is no need for my to change out my shocks with only ~13,000 miles on them and this is just my daily driver from home to school and work (about a 10 mile round-trip all together). Of course I take it out for cruises every other night or so, but you get the idea.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Some of those pictures are with just BMR springs and my Koni SA shocks. All the pictures with the powder coated wheels are with a few other parts but nothing that affected the ride hight. I have a friend that bought BMRs after seeing my car but he is still using stock shocks. His car sits just about the same as mine. The ride with stock shocks is ok and work fine but the ride isn't everything it could be. I put stock shocks back on for a little while and the ride wasn't as nice as with the Koni's. The stock shocks aren't too good to begin with and once you upgrade to a nice set you will know what I'm talking about.

You can't really see the springs though so the color doesn't really make much difference
Old 04-30-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I'm on BMR as well + Koni SA.Really like that combination.
Attached Thumbnails BMR Lowering Springs-framvagn2m.jpg   BMR Lowering Springs-framvagn3m5.jpg  
Old 04-30-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Everything looks great! Thanks for everyones' help. I will be going with this setup...not sure about the shocks/struts just yet though.

A little off-topic, but still on:
I am going to be getting some 17"x9.5" wheels and 275/40/17 tires for the front along with some 17"x11" wheels and 315/35/17 tires for the rear. With the car lowered this much, how much will I need to modify the fenders for everything to tuck in nicely? (If at all?) These will be the American Racing TTII's by the way Also, so I don't have to start another thread...do these wheels come in chrome? All I have been able to find is polished, but was also considering the chrome if it was even manufactured.

Thanks!
-Tyler
Old 04-30-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

AR does have chrome TT2s BUT only the center is chrome, the lip is still polished.

With the 11s in the back you will probably need to roll your fenders. When you hit a bump or a dip in the road they will probably cut into the tire a little if you don't roll them. You will also need to beat in the inner fender some but it really isn't much and doesn't take that long
Old 04-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Launching!

i have the BMR Springs and i absolutly love them...they arent as low as the Eibach but they are stiffer in the back in my oppinion (have a friend on Eibach Pro kit) it helped my launch alot

-Josh
Old 05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

AR does have chrome TT2s BUT only the center is chrome, the lip is still polished.
Yeah, I saw that on their site, I was just hoping they had an all-chrome one. I think it would be best to go all one way, not half and half. So I guess I'll just go with polished, no big deal.

With the 11s in the back you will probably need to roll your fenders. When you hit a bump or a dip in the road they will probably cut into the tire a little if you don't roll them. You will also need to beat in the inner fender some but it really isn't much and doesn't take that long
All right, no big deal. Thanks man!

Quick Reply: BMR Lowering Springs