Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What's a good shock for the Pro Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's a good shock for the Pro Kit??

when i lowered my 02 z28, i went with the pro kit and koni single adjustables. i dont really wanna spend 700 on shocks again. my ss is a street car so i just want a shock that will match up good with the pro kit and handle the drop well. how are the hd bilsteins? any other suggestions?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was in the same boat and went with a set of re-valved bilsteins. However they are pretty danged slow in getting them to me.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

whats wrong with the koni's and hds are horrible my friend ahs them on his hotchkis springs and eww the ride sucks ***
Old 05-10-2006, 11:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobb3s
I was in the same boat and went with a set of re-valved bilsteins. However they are pretty danged slow in getting them to me.

Would you prefer a generic setup that's "good enough"?

Revalves take time to be worked for you. We try very hard to make sure folks know it's running about 3 weeks currently for Revalves to be done.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Raise
when i lowered my 02 z28, i went with the pro kit and koni single adjustables. i dont really wanna spend 700 on shocks again. my ss is a street car so i just want a shock that will match up good with the pro kit and handle the drop well. how are the hd bilsteins? any other suggestions?
HD's are not for lowered springs. You want to try, that's fine, but you won't like it nearly as much since you've had Koni's. Which is why we do the Revalves. Less costly than Koni's, but upgraded damping from HD's.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
HD's are not for lowered springs. You want to try, that's fine, but you won't like it nearly as much since you've had Koni's. Which is why we do the Revalves. Less costly than Koni's, but upgraded damping from HD's.
yeah, i bought the konis from u a while ago sam. i know i probably spoiled myself with them, but im not trying to spend that much again. i will be callin u for a set of revalved bilsteins very soon. thanks sam
Old 05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Would you prefer a generic setup that's "good enough"?

Revalves take time to be worked for you. We try very hard to make sure folks know it's running about 3 weeks currently for Revalves to be done.
Well to tell ya the truth I would be hella happy if I had them in three weeks. It's been over a month now and still no word on them
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hobb3s
Well to tell ya the truth I would be hella happy if I had them in three weeks. It's been over a month now and still no word on them
Might I suggest you call me instead???? They get put in order @ Bilstein. When your number comes up, the shocks are pulled and worked. Summer is a busy time for a race shop (lost of racing).

Feel free to call. I don't know your name or anything that would allow me to look.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

I was running koni SA's up front with bilstine HD's out back. The car felt great. It was a little rough but i also had the pro kit so my car was pretty low. Give Sam a call, i did. He will take care of you. He knows his stuff!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Banned

You just can't go wrong with Koni here, or Bilsteins that are revalved. Yes they are proportionately more expensive, however the cost to performance ratio is also valid. I went with Konis for the front and rear (more than a step up from revalved Bilsteins) because I knew I wasn't going to be replacing shocks anytime in the future, as well as their handling prowess (they work with coilovers with an adapter in front, and spring perches with an adapter for the rear) for potential race-readyiness since I wanted to buy shocks and struts just once.