Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Want to change lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Want to change lowering springs

I am currently running the SLP level 2 suspension kit. I like how the rear sits but the front sits a about an inch or so too high. The car actually looks like it is pointing up. What is a good spring kit that will make my car sit level? I don't really want the car slammed because my headers and y-pipe hang low. So the Eibach sportlines are not an option. I would also like to keep the current Bilstein shocks and struts if possible. Pics of different setups would be a lot of help.

Last edited by CRASH 02; 05-12-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CRASH 02
I am currently running the SLP level 2 suspension kit. I like how the rear sits but the front sits a about an inch or so too high. The car actually looks like it is pointing up. What is a good spring kit that will make my car sit level? I don't really want the car slammed because my headers and y-pipe hang low. So the Eibach sportlines are not an option. I would also like to keep the current Bilstein shocks and struts if possible. Pics of different setups would be a lot of help.

I just lowered my Z28 with an Ebiach pro kit and Billstein shocks/struts. Same thing, car sits about 1" higher in the front then the back. Now I am waiting for my CCW wheels and will decide what to do once I get the rims test mounted. My guess is the back is going to be too low for the 19X11s but I'll just have to wait and see I guess. There is a ridiculously heavy sub box back there that is probably 90% of the reason it looks weird right now.

If the back ends up being fine as far as heigth goes and it still looks goofy high in the front as it does now. I will just cut a 1/5 of a coil off the front coils to lower it about 3/4ths of an inch. That will level it out.

I think the spring rates from these manufactures didn't take into account the lighter LS1 motor. I have a feeling these springs on my old LT1 car would probably look right.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Well, I just switched to a smaller sub encloser with a single 10" sub and removed my spare tire and all the lame XM stuff I am not using (last owner). All in all, got the rear to 26"s to the wheel-well the front is 26 and 3/4th's inch. A little closer.....

Let you know once I get the CCW wheels.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i have the same exact problem...i even posted a thread about it,
huge sub boxes (like my custom box in my trunk) account for a lot of it, but the LS1 cars definatly have that annoying stance. i think Jeffstar above is spot on with the lighter LS1's not being taken into account. i've seen some people put the LT1 front springs on their LS1's and they sit really nice 'n' low in the front to even 'em out!

that's what i was about to do, but my rear end blew up last weekend, so my spring situation was put on the back burner (for the record i have the SLP springs with the bilsteins as well)

Quick Reply: Want to change lowering springs