Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how to get 800 horsepower to teh ground

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question how to get 800 horsepower to teh ground

Yea i am in the process of piecing everything together on paper of what ill need for the car. It will be a m6 twin turbo 99 camaro, and i was going to go wiht a fully adjustable bmr suspension kit with a 9 inch ford. The car will se some drag srip use and will be drven daily in the summer just wondering what other guys out there are running in these hp numbers. and suggestions would be appreciated thanx.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

sounds sick man good luck, come take me for a ride when its done im in NJ
Old 05-16-2006, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28adiction
Yea i am in the process of piecing everything together on paper of what ill need for the car. It will be a m6 twin turbo 99 camaro, and i was going to go wiht a fully adjustable bmr suspension kit with a 9 inch ford. The car will se some drag srip use and will be drven daily in the summer just wondering what other guys out there are running in these hp numbers. and suggestions would be appreciated thanx.
You can get that kind of power down with very careful modulation of the gas pedal Honestly, even with the stickiest DOT-legal tires out there (Nitto DRs, BFG DRs, MT DRs etc.), you will probably still smoke through at least the first two gears and not be able to use full throttle untill you put some real slicks on the car. And driving with real slicks on the street and getting caught in a rainstorm is no fun.

And before you spend a lot of money on "fully adjustable" stuff, ask yourself how many times you will be willing to adjust those items such as the front upper and lower LCAs (every time you adjust it significantly, you will need a new alignment); although adjustments would come in handy with the torque arm, the rear LCAs if you are planning on running large tires or something, and the panhard rod to recenter the rear if you need to. Maybe that is what you referred to with the adjustable items. Just my two cents, good luck.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Be a man... go with a fourlink setup lol...
Old 05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First we'll have to see the dyno plot... then we'll tell ya how to do it!

Quick Reply: how to get 800 horsepower to teh ground