Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI chassis torque arm good for what I want?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI chassis torque arm good for what I want?

I had my heart set on getting an Unbalanced Engineering Torque Arm for awhile but the price on it is just too much and I don't think I'm hard core enough to qualify it, plus some research on it has shown me that I would have to run spring rates that wouldn't be street friendly to get the most out of it.

Now I have my eyes on UMI's long tube chassis mount TA and had some questions.

I know that UMI has a strong following here, nothing but good things said on my searches, so I'm not worried about that, but still my car is mostly street driven with maybe 2 to 3 road race events a year. Is this a good piece for that? Also, I rarely drag race but I don't want to lose much of my ability to do so with a handling oriented TA. My thoughts on it is as long as it's stronger then the stocker it shouldn't detract at all, since the stockers a long type set up anyway. I know it won't be as good as a short type set-up, but that's fine.

My car has almost 70k on it too so probably toward the end of this year I will be calling Strano and getting a Koni set-up thorugh him. This part would work favorably with his recommendationgs right?
Old 05-28-2006, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Call Ryan and ask him. Very good guy to deal with and will tell you straight up. Also call Sam, amazing info from that guy and getting his Koni setup is probably the best thing you can do for your car. Wish I'd done that first. Good luck!

Quick Reply: UMI chassis torque arm good for what I want?