Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake experts only!!!

ABS inop, tcs off brake lights are all on! these are the codes its throwing

c1345 RHT channel will not move
c1346 adjust assembly will not move

....but I cant figure out what these are talking about..any ideas..I thought that I had a bad abs module but I don't so I need to figure out what's this is talking about
Old 05-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Teching In

This just happened all of the sudden or did you change something out?

I've found that by the power of google and having the codes, I've been able to solve every problem I've ever had with my last 4 cars.

take the codes and your symptoms and google them. keep digging!

Sorry I'm not much help otherwise...
Old 05-19-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

JOSH, sup dude its Dumont..... brake problems suck...i have never seen those codes before... but i will do some digging my self.. kenefick boys and fix anything... RIGHT
Old 05-19-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

It just happened.. I didn't replace or change anything

ok..update...I have to replace the freaking module..I love gm...by the way..anybody got a 98 module for sale with traction control..I don't think I have the $800 + they cost new.. the tech. reason behind the 1345 code is there a value in the module that moves from one side to the other when it runs thought the test cycle...apparently this valve is stuck...as far as the other is concerned it means the same thing...basically more money...so there ..just incase anybody else has this problem...oh and one more thing I found..these codes...are for a 97 year model...98 and above are totally different...so I wander if I replace it with a 99-2002 module would it work...since they have there own computer built in..I would not think that it would care what the other PCM would be...but thats what im thinking anyways.. but first im going to try to find a 98..which I think would be really a 97...but thats going to require more checking..
Old 05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a '98 module off my car, but I don't have traction control.

I didn't think it made a difference though. Seems like that would be in the abs computer under the console, not in the abs modulator assembly under the hood.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Conversion master

It does matter. The ABS computer is actually attached to the module under the hood. And the systems are different for with and without traction control. With uses a 4 input system with 4 wheel speed sensors. Without only has 3 inputs. The two front wheels and a third sensor monitoring the ring gear in the rear end.

Try ebay. I have seen them go for under $200.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Wow what a nightmare. I hope this is not my problem (C0045 left rear speed sensor circuit malfunction). I went through the AllData flow chart ohming & checking voltage and it told me to replace the EBCM (abs control module thing). How the hell does breaking a 10 bolt make it go bad all of a sudden?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

p.s. 70 LS1 would a V6 abs/tcs unit work for an LS1 car?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Conversion master

Don't know. I can look in my books when I get home. Did the V6's even have TC?
Old 05-23-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure it's a Bosch 5.1 ABS module. Some of the later V6's may have had them. You can also get them rebuilt, but it too costs some to do that and there are probably no guarantees a rebuild will work (but when it does, it beats having to shell out 1600 dollars for a new one though).

Last edited by Foxxtron; 05-23-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by keliente
...How the hell does breaking a 10 bolt make it go bad all of a sudden?
Probably more from the age and/or a short circuit, however any type of excessive rear wheel spin that is detected from the sensors compared to the front will obviously trigger the module (after all, I or anyone who's at least had some sort of dyno work done, including yearly smog tests in California, will have this type of activity done on their car), but AFA causing the module to become defective in it's own right is highly unlikely (from my experience, and I run both of my f-bodies hard).
Old 05-24-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 70 LS1
Don't know. I can look in my books when I get home. Did the V6's even have TC?
Some of them did. I am looking at the auction right now and it says four channel ABS. In addition to that there is a photo of the donor car and it has the ABS button. If it is the same module I will buy it...thanks for looking.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Foxxtron
Probably more from the age and/or a short circuit, however any type of excessive rear wheel spin that is detected from the sensors compared to the front will obviously trigger the module (after all, I or anyone who's at least had some sort of dyno work done, including yearly smog tests in California, will have this type of activity done on their car), but AFA causing the module to become defective in it's own right is highly unlikely (from my experience, and I run both of my f-bodies hard).
I run my car on the dyno a lot and also do a lot of burnouts at the track, so yeah there would be a lot of times that the speed sensors are reading differently from front to rear.

I'm hunting around on eBay.

On that note...when you install a new ABS module can you bleed the brakes the traditional way, or do you need a Tech 2 to bleed the module? I ask because @ work, with the Chrysler minivans you need the scan tool in order to bleed the abs properly.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tech 2 isn't required from my experience and these others:

http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.p...hl=brake+bleed
http://www.mfba.org/showthread.php?t=42553
http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.p...hl=brake+bleed

Since you have one you could use it, but I have used the methods described above for the bench bleed methods to rid the air from the ABS module and they've worked (being cautious of course). The big trick is to not use the brake pedal when turning on the car first for a few minutes. When you start again and operate the vehicle (away from traffic ), the ABS module should "check" then "reset" its pistons. Return to work area, then bleed accordingly.

When I performed this, the brake light went out after the last step and I had a firmer brake pedal than previous (mostly due to upgraded brake fluid).
Old 05-24-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

I don't have a Tech 2, I just wanted to know in case I had to take it to the stealership or something.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Question

Do you have to replace the EBCM or the BPMV ? Rarely do you have to replace both.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Well I found one on here for $55 shipped..thanks to a member...I should have it in this sat so next week some time it will be on. What kind of brake fluid did you use Foxxtron, just wandering. If im going to have to put new fluid in, it might as well help me a little.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Motul DOT 5.1. I doubt any of you with the most aggresive street driving will ever exceed the boiling point of this. If you do AX and probably think you'll need something with a higher boiling point, then there is RBF 600 or their DOT 4 equivalents. Even then I doubt you'll exceed DOT either dry or wet boiling points of DOT 5.1.

Whatever anybody here does, DO NOT USE DOT 5.

Quick Reply: Brake experts only!!!