Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thank you Victor & Precision Brakes for my upgrade!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Thank you Victor & Precision Brakes for my upgrade!!!

I couldn't be happier with my Wilwood 6-piston red calipers and slotted 2-pc front rotors!

The difference is seriously obvious. I felt the difference when seasoning the brake rotors(driving up to 60mph and medium pressure on the brakes down to 20mph and repeat for about 10-12 times) and DANG it was effortless.

After about a month and 2K miles on my car I have absolutely no complaints...Matter of fact I noticed that my turn-in response is a LOT faster, I'm assuming that this is due to the unsprung weight savings my new setup has over the factory stuff???

Everything about the car's stopping power is a plus. Even though I knew that putting the carbon fiber/kevlar pads would cause more brake dust I wouldn't change my decision, for they grab HARD and it's very consistent and predictable. I can now go into turns a LOT deeper while maintaining speed, so I feel like I'm learining how to drive my car again, and that's a good thing!

Here's some pics of my car with the brakes.

Left fronts:

Right fronts:

I also changed the rear rotors with slotted zinc-washed OEM's and Porterfield carbon fiber/kevlar pads, so this helps as well.

I would recommend this setup for any street vehicle. Granted, the dust is more than factory, but that is not significant to me, I would rather have great stopping capacity than cleaner rims.

The only downside was having to wait longer than anticipated for my new brakes, as the rotor manufacturer took much longer to make the rotors, other than that, it's all good.

Anyway, thanks again Victor! I appreciate your help.

Carlos.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Carlos

Thanks Carlos, it was a pleasure. The brakes look great!!! I can't wait to see the rear kit on there. Have a great summer... Talk to you soon

Victor

Quick Reply: Thank you Victor & Precision Brakes for my upgrade!!!