Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rotors and brakes question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rotors and brakes question

saw that the ws6 store has cross drilled and slotted rotors all 4 of them for i think $165 + $34 shipping... my question is are those good rotrs like the brembo or are the cheap imitations?

also with cross drilles and slotted rotors i want hawk pads, b/c no squeak and no brake dust.. where can i get all 4 pretty cheap? or what other pads out there with good stopping power with no squeak and dust are out there that are good but better pricing than hawk pads?

what do you all recommend?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

bump for some response
Old 06-21-2006, 11:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Cheapies. Brembo blanks cost around $260-ish for 4.......................

We sell Hawk, and Brembo as well as PowerSlot and KVR, which are the two best rotors if you insist on drilled and/or slotted. I will always recommend Brembo blanks first though.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

We sell Hawk, and Brembo as well as PowerSlot and KVR, which are the two best rotors if you insist on drilled and/or slotted. I will always recommend Brembo blanks first though.

how good are the cross drilled slotted rotors from the WS6 store???
Old 06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

Sam,

How do the Brembo stand up against warping in everyday use?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Better than anything else..... Seriously, they are tough. Not impossible to warp them, but next to it. Let's start with the fact weigh about 2 pounds MORE than GM rotors. More mass = more heat and harder to bend. Also the vanes are quite smooth so air flows very well when compared to cheaper rotors that have rougher casting in the vanes (which creates turbulence and air doesn't flow as well).

I warped my stock rotors by 10k miles. I have 30k on my Brembo's, and beat them hard enough to have started heat cracking them and they still aren't warped.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
how good are the cross drilled slotted rotors from the WS6 store???
You have to be more specific. I'm looking on their site right now and they have a bunch of the following brands of cross drilled and slotted rotors:

Rotorworks
Baer
Brembo
EBC Sport
Powerslot
PowerStop

Which brand were you talking about? Once you know what brand, then question you really mean to ask is "How good of a rotor is brand X?"
Old 06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

rotoworks makes those cheap x drilled and slotted I have them on my car, I orriginally bought them just as a temp thing expecting them to brake or crack, but I have put 7K on them so far and had no issues of warping or cracking. I have done several 100mph+ stops on them. I am also using the hawk pads as well. I got mine for 149 for all four
Old 06-27-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z28bryan
You have to be more specific. I'm looking on their site right now and they have a bunch of the following brands of cross drilled and slotted rotors:

Rotorworks
Baer
Brembo
EBC Sport
Powerslot
PowerStop

Which brand were you talking about? Once you know what brand, then question you really mean to ask is "How good of a rotor is brand X?"

i purchased rotworks.. how good? talked to mike at thews6store said he sells an *** of them
Old 06-27-2006, 02:25 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
also with cross drilles and slotted rotors i want hawk pads, b/c no squeak and no brake dust.. where can i get all 4 pretty cheap?
My Hawk pads were quite noisy at first, but stopped squeaking after a few months. They've been really good brake pads, but do produce some brake dust.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On stranoparts.com, I can't find any drilled and slotted rotors by KVR, and powerslot doesn't even show up under brake rotors when I enter my vehicle information...

Last edited by Ice Knight; 06-27-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

CALL ME!!!!!!!! Really, you don't have any idea how many product lines we have, for how many vehicles.... it's impossible for them all to be up, even more so with a company comprised of 3 people who are on the phone 99% of the time.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Import Patrol

Jonas you remeber how bad my stockers were. I bought the Brembo cross drilled, about 30k miles ago, with a **** load of track passes on them. Hell it was 4yrs ago now that I have had them. They work like a champ!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CrawlinWS6
Jonas you remeber how bad my stockers were. I bought the Brembo cross drilled, about 30k miles ago, with a **** load of track passes on them. Hell it was 4yrs ago now that I have had them. They work like a champ!

yea i remeber jay.. but how is rotoworks compared to brembo?

Quick Reply: rotors and brakes question