Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tried To Install The BMR Torque Arm This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried To Install The BMR Torque Arm This Weekend

well i had to change out my rear springs so i decided to go ahead and put in the torque arm. well the springs were done in about an hour. i was at a friends house, so we just had the rear on jack stands. so it was me and my 2 friends helpin me. it took us like 2 hours or so to get the stock one out. the hardest part was getting the bolts on the back of the trans out. so once we finally got it out, we saw that the rubber piece was riveted on. and we had nothing to knock the rivets out with. so after all the bullshit of getting the stock one out, we had to put it back in. i was f*cking pissed. so im just gonna take it to a shop and let them do it. so if anyone out there is looking to install a torque arm themselves, make sure you have a dremmel or something to take the rivets out before you do it.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently had a fun time with the tail shaft bushing. The Energy Suspension bushing that was provided with my UMI torque arm came with instructions detailing what rivets needed to be drilled out on the factory bushing bracket.

I got half the bracket off, then realized after I had the new torque arm installed on the rearend that there was still another half attached to the car. I took a hacksaw blade and handsawed the rivets off the part that was still installed on the car.

http://www.scottsrides.com/smr00tato...m_install.html