Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Sub-Frame Connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Sub-Frame Connectors?

I was looking into buying the weld in type and I have a few questions. Does anyone have any experience with these or the bolt in variety, good or bad? I am concerned that they might hang too low and are visible without having to lift up the car. Does anyone have any pictures of them installed on their car?

I am also going for the Eibach Pro-kit. Will the SFC make it difficult to get a hydraulic jack under the car?

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: SLP Sub-Frame Connectors?

I've used the slp boltons and the bmr weldons...they both made a big difference in chassis flex and you couldn't tell that one was better than the other. If you want the slp's they will make lifting the car EASIER since they become a jacking point along the entire side of the car....made it real easy for me to make NASCAR style wheel changes as you could jack the entire side of the car up by placing the jack under the center of the door on the sfc....zero ground clearance problems with either set as they both tuck up under the car...slp plusses = strong,great jacking points,chassis stiffness negative = weight = 35lbs. BMR plusses = lightweight 18lbs and chassis stiffness. Neg = have to use the stock jacking points...cant lift off the sfc.