Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help! Front Suspension/Steering!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help! Front Suspension/Steering!!

I wrecked my car in March, [hydroplaned, and hit a Jersey Barrier with the right rear, tweaked the body over but didnt damage much underneath (so im told) except for the right axle which was bent and the exhaust was tweaked down a little bit]

now i got my car back and have been dealing with a quite uncomfortable feeling , especially after hydroplaning!

usually going on a really heavily grooved road (by 18-wheelers & such) the car would grab one groove and shift over a tire width ..... usually i could feel this happening but the steering was really tight and could slow the rate that the car shifted over...

now that i wrecked it and got it back, it feels like im driving a boat! .....going down the same road, it still shifts over due to the grooves , but i no longer have the tightness in steering that i once had , so the car pretty much has a mind of its own at this point. I can see the front end sway from side to side a bit as it searches for different grooves. Steering really loose , and i let out of the gas & slowly touch the brakes to get it under control. It feels as if i have little to no weight on the front end.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

If this doesnt clear up soon im going to start looking at my options... Im even throwing around the idea of trading it in for a 05 Mustang GT!! ..... HELP!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttttttttttt
Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Was the alignment checked?
If not, get an alignment.
Might as well go with a performance alignment:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/531924-help-need-wheel-alignment-specs.html

If the problem still exists, then there could be a problem in the front suspension or steering rack.