Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

summit racing crossdrilled and slotted come on in

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default summit racing crossdrilled and slotted rotors

anybody running the summitracing brand crossdrilled and slotted rotors with the hawk performance pads???? just got the rears and pads in today (they shipped the pads from GA using fedex.... rears from ohio using ups and fronts from nevada using ups which havnt arrived but are scheduled for tomorrow) i will let you know how well they perform once i install them (sat morning) and 250 mile breakin.....they look f-in sweet and im sure they will out perform stock setup i just put on new (cheap ***)pads like 200 miles ago cause i needed them bad 72000 on stock pads

if you are running them how are they????

Last edited by presto_z; 06-29-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the rest of the rotors came in today and i couldnt wait till the weekend to install them so i did it the second the ups guy dropped um off (had one bolt on the pass. side rear caliper that was f-in tight i cracked a 15mm craftsman socket and twisted a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer a full 180 so be carefull not to strip the head, i put some wd on her and she came right out)...... there is a breakin period but i can already tell there is a night and day diffrence, way better pedal feel, alot smoother breaking and no fade as stockers give ya......i dont know how they compare to other brands so i cant say which is better but i would highly recomend and deff. alot safer and badass lookin... ill post some pics tomorrow
Old 06-30-2006, 06:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How much for the rotors and pads?
Old 06-30-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

front and rear rotors and hawk pads were 461.45
Old 06-30-2006, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up drilled rotors

got baers frt & rear w/stock ac delco pads & russell lines w/valvoline synthetic brake fluid. no more warped rotors, these have a one year warranty. hit the stock rotors at 100mph at they will sizzel & fade then warp.worth every penny.should be first up-grade even before lid.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm running those rotors and pads on my Z-28, not only do they look great but they perform as well. I've been beating the hell outta mine on Deals Gap and around the mountain roads here in east Tennessee, so far they haven't warped or faded like the factory one's did. Not to mention their a whole lot cheaper than other brands.