Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sway bar question/ and brake dust

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar question/ and brake dust

Hey I have a lil bit of money laying around and thought that I would go with a suspension mod the most important thing to me is body roll. So I was thinking Sway bars I have a few options I'm looking at 1LE bars from SLP or the suspension techniques 35/25 or the BMR's anyone got a first hand comment. Or maybe should I go SFC's first

Also one more question what pads do you guys run that give decent brake quality but not that much dust....
thanx
Josh
Old 04-04-2002, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: Sway bar question/ and brake dust

The only suspension mods that I have fount to be anything remotely worth the $$$ I spent on them were:

LCA/Panhard rod
front STB
Springs/shocks/struts
Rims/tires

Subframe connectors were an absolute waste of money... especially on these (newer) cars. Maybe if you have a vert, it might help in 4-5 years, but why bother otherwise. Some people like those tunnel braces, but say their aftermarket exhaust hits them... I've not tried the LCA lowering brackets or adjustable torque arm either, so no comment on those.

As well, you'd have to really push your car to notice any difference between your stock sway bar and a slightly larger aftermarket one. Maybe if you do auto X daily, but you'll need brakes/tires/etc. long before that and would have enough experience to know if you need a sway bar or not.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go for shocks and springs before I would buy swaybars. If you already have them then go for the swaybars. I installed my BMR front and rear last week and the difference was evident right away. Noticably less body roll.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Subfram connectors are a must. Once you put these on you will realize these cars have good suspension on them already.

Quick Reply: Sway bar question/ and brake dust