Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake quality and install questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake quality and install questions!!

I was looking at purchasing this brake kit for my 2000 C5. I don't have a lot of money and I'm in dyer need of some new brakes. I have grooves in my rear rotors from brake stands in the water box at the strip. I'm planning on purchasing a line lock and this brake kit. I figured it would be good to change all 4 rotors and pads, rather than just the rear. Also, I have never changed rotors or pads before.

Are they difficult to install? What should I look out for? Are there any insturctions for dummies?

I am relatively mechanically inclined! I have done minor work like headers, exhaust, intake manifold, etc.

Stage 2 Brake Upgraed for C5 Corvette

Stage 2 slotted brake upgrade for the Corvette C5 all 1997-04, includes StopTech stainless steel brake lines for front and rear, 3 bottles of Motul 600 brake fluid, Hawk HPS pads for front and rear, stock-sized slotted rotors for front and rear. FITS STOCK CALIPERS. $699.00

Should I look into getting something else?

Thanks for all the inputs!!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

TTT

There has to be someone here who can help me out!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

if you got the money then i would just do a big brake upgrade that stoptech has to offer. other than that looks like a nice upgrade the pads and lines will help you out the most and will show the difference. I like stoptech they make great brake kits.