Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Fenders hitting tires. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fenders hitting tires. HELP

right now, running 315/35s in the back with 17x11 chrome ZR1s with Nitto Drags.

i noticed the other day, while washing the car, the tires had little strings on them. so basically now the inside of the fender, etc is hitting the tire while im driving, with people in the car the sound is obvious, when goin over a bump or ANYTHING, i can hear the car/fender smack into the tire. It sounds like a rock hitting the ground, like a crackle.

Any ideas? or experiences with this type of problem?
Old 05-21-2002, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Fenders hitting tires. HELP

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by InSaneLs1:
<strong>right now, running 315/35s in the back with 17x11 chrome ZR1s with Nitto Drags.

i noticed the other day, while washing the car, the tires had little strings on them. so basically now the inside of the fender, etc is hitting the tire while im driving, with people in the car the sound is obvious, when goin over a bump or ANYTHING, i can hear the car/fender smack into the tire. It sounds like a rock hitting the ground, like a crackle.

Any ideas? or experiences with this type of problem?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If its a camaro just beat in the inner lip of the fender whell.If its a trans am well do the same.That is what I did on my Z.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:25 AM
Launching!

with a mallet? or should i have the lip rolled?

also, i plan on putting 295/35/18 tires in the rear, but with an 18x10 Rim.

think ill encounter the same problem? if not worse?

<small>[ May 21, 2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: InSaneLs1 ]</small>
Old 05-30-2002, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the same problem on 275/40/17's Nitto RII's. Passenger side only, and I have the rear centered with a GW APHR. Anyway, I only get it when someone's riding with me. I have to beat the fender in too or get it rolled. Oddly I never had the problem last year on stock decarbons and Nitto DR 275/40/17's.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone wants a pic of the rolled fenderlip, email me. I have Before and after photos. I ran 325/35/18 before they discontinued that size, now I run 295s. BTW, what rim, and rim offset are you running?

Louis

Quick Reply: Fenders hitting tires. HELP