Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LG Motorsports ....good to go!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LG Motorsports ....good to go!

Talked to Lou Sr. yesterday for a while about the suspension set up I needed for open road racing and actually got Lou Sr. to call me back. I guess in my last post I made there was a little confusion about what I said about LG. I guess I put some wording a little wrong and it made them sound bad and he wanted to clear things up.

After some extensive talking with Lou and some thinking, I have decided to have him build me a custom front suspension for the Open road race. Lou is an absolute plethorah of information and shed a little light on some things for me that I was really confused on. And hes a great guy just to chat with. We had a few good laughs about some of the other racers that compete in the Silver State Classic challenge.

Now if I can just get him cornered again!

<small>[ June 04, 2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: NataSS Inc ]</small>
Old 06-04-2002, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LG Motorsports ....good to go!

give me some more info on this "setup" your gonna be running. i am also intrested in the "open roadrace" thing. Big Bend ORR is the closest one to me.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NataSS Inc:
<strong>
I have to go with a reputable name that builds a quality product.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are a LOT of quality products out there. The issue is are they engineered to work as a package?

I piece-milled my suspension, based primarily on price, and the car handled like ****. Turn in was mush, pushed through the corners and exit. The components were a hodge-podge from various vendors and manufacturers. I had spent a ton of cash and the car handled about the same as factory, only rode worse and clunked terribley.

When I cornered Lou and told him my problems, he asked me questions for about an hour concerning the car's characteristics.

Once done, he explained to me the dynamics going on. He explained it in a way that a real newbie could understand. He explained what it would take to fix the problem.

And never once did he say that G2 components were the answer. He said stuff like the front sway bar is too light or you need a higher spring rate in the rear or the LCAs are binding. Never "bring the car and your wallet to me and I'll fix it."

Now THAT's the way it should be.

I know I probably sound like an advertisement for LG. And I would be a liar if I said LG has never helped me out. But I'm tired of being fed a line of crap, just so that a vendor can make a sale.

LG definitely does not fall into that category.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

very true, he never once mentioned using his products until I asked what he could do for me.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you guys got hooked up.

Sounds like the things that sold you on LGM were those things that sold me.

I've said it time and time again ... the better value is not always the cheapest price.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mitchntx:
<strong>Glad you guys got hooked up.

Sounds like the things that sold you on LGM were those things that sold me.

I've said it time and time again ... the better value is not always the cheapest price.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have always liked LG's product but could never afford it. Now that I have decided what direction I want to take the car I cant go with the best price. I have to go with a reputable name that builds a quality product.

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports ....good to go!