Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about lowering my Hawk.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about lowering my Hawk.

I have been considering lowering my Firehawk now for a while now, and I have done some research on what's best. I know a lot of it is preference (Eibach vs G2) and depends on whether I want to AutoX or 1/4 drag.

So here is my question to ya'll. I want a good set of springs to give the Hawk a little more aggressive stance. With the 1LE this car is more likely to see some auto crossing more than a dragstrip, so I want the new springs to handle well too. I also don't care a whole lot about 1/4 mile racing while the car will see some of it.

My car has the 1LE suspension with the Konis, should I still look at replacing the shocks when I do the springs? I really hate to think of the cost of replacing the Konis at the same time.

Thanks for any input...

See ya on the road,
Matt
Old 07-16-2006, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep the Konis!! Have you thought about just lowering it with the 1LE springs? You would have to undo the front shocks and lower the perch, then reuse the spring. This will give a nice 3/4" drop. In the rear, you undo the lower shock mount, pull out the spring and rubber isolater, then put garden hose on the top rung of the spring ( to eliminate metal to metal noise ) and reinstall. You may try that first to see what you think. Have you adjusted your Konis since buying the car?
Old 07-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a true 1le suspension you can not use the lower perch mode. The 1le have koni da not the koni sa which have the lower perch. Keep the koni's buy some springs, you can find some from 150 - 275 used or new. You can also sell your springs to help with the cost, some people want the 1le's.
Here's a link for spring rates. http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
Old 07-16-2006, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bad, true 1LE suspension is Koni DA's.

Quick Reply: Question about lowering my Hawk.