What is their purpose?

How do they install?

How much?

Where do I get them?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.) they are Air bags that go into the rear spring of springs.

2.) Their purpose is to eliminate wheel hop and help for a straighter launch by countering the torque motion transmitted by the engine and driveline during hard takeoffs, usually why its placed in the right rear coil, because that’s were the torque gets transferred to the most.

3.) they install by jacking up the car suspension unloaded, taking the rear spring out by hand and placing the airbag inside the spring and reinstalling the spring. Then running appropriate air lines.

4.) they are $39.99 for 1 and 69.99 for 2 less if you buy used

5.) They can be found at http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=16
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
1.) they are Air bags that go into the rear spring of springs.

2.) Their purpose is to eliminate wheel hop and help for a straighter launch by countering the torque motion transmitted by the engine and driveline during hard takeoffs, usually why its placed in the right rear coil, because that’s were the torque gets transferred to the most.

3.) they install by jacking up the car suspension unloaded, taking the rear spring out by hand and placing the airbag inside the spring and reinstalling the spring. Then running appropriate air lines.

4.) they are $39.99 for 1 and 69.99 for 2 less if you buy used

5.) They can be found at http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=16

wow thanks. so they're mainly for drag? I just installed eibachs and revalved bilsteins and it's a lil too low for DD, so i was thinking maybe i could install these to gain a little height back w/o having to get a whole new set of springs?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

I got them for a similar reason, i couldnt get down my driveway without scraping,they raise your car about 1.5 to 2 in depending on what psi you fill them to. I set mine up with a small onboard compresser and a swich in the front. In all it cost me about $80 for everything.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NHRA Trans Am
I got them for a similar reason, i couldnt get down my driveway without scraping,they raise your car about 1.5 to 2 in depending on what psi you fill them to. I set mine up with a small onboard compresser and a swich in the front. In all it cost me about $80 for everything.

Did it work for you? Are they hard to install?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

generally for drag racing....what psi would i run in the right rear if i have the Eibach drag springs with the right rear spring bagged??
Old 07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that sounds awesome,
can we see some pictures of your setup? like the bags installed and the compressor install?

thanks

pat

Quick Reply: Air Lift Airbags?