Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR trak-pak torque-arm....anyone using it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 03:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR trak-pak torque-arm....anyone using it?

Experiences? How do you like it? easy to adjust/install? How's it on the street/track? What's your best 60ft with it?

thanks
Old 12-05-2002, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: BMR trak-pak torque-arm....anyone using it?

I used to run one, but took it off so that I could use the LG arm. The thing with the Trak-Pak is that the cross-brace that it mounts to (between the SFC's) is so long that it's not terribly rigid. Some of this has been alleviated by updated designs, but it's still there. Additionally, because of the way that the front of the arm mounts, the natural action of the suspension as you drive has you pinion angle constantly changing.

I never took mine to the track with the BMR piece on it (nor have I taken it to the track with the LG piece on it), so I can't offer any measurable proof that one is better than the other... but I can tell you that the car is MUCH more controllable coming out of the hole now, and seems to bite harder on shifts.

Just my $.02...
Old 12-06-2002, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: BMR trak-pak torque-arm....anyone using it?

I am intalling one now, actually welded in yesterday and putting LCA etc in today.

If it is installed correctly(welded in 4 places, 2 on SFC and 2 on car) it could not get any more rigid IMO.

I'll tell you in a few days how track times work out. I hope to run Sunday.

IMO BMR and Madman are very similar and you can see how well the madman arm works from the Thunder Shootout.

Quick Reply: BMR trak-pak torque-arm....anyone using it?