Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

68 camaro rear suspension swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 68 camaro rear suspension swap

Ok here's one for you suspension guru's. I'll be running an ls1/4l60e in my 68 camaro. I know that the lowering leaf springs with caltrac bars will work but I'm looking to go a different route. I'm wondering if there's any performance gains that will come from using the same setup as an 4th gen camaro? I could mount the lower control arms with a drop down bracket from the front spring mounts. For the torque arm I was gonna run a crossmember and custom mounting pt. I will mention the car has the stock front subframe. Also will have subframe connectors with a custom rear frame. All made from 2x3 14 gauge steel so it should be plenty strong. Also will have a mount for the PHB. Will this setup yeild better cornering and still be able to pull good 60ft times? Included is a pic of mockup rear frame rails.
Attached Thumbnails 68 camaro rear suspension swap-ryanstuff-012.jpg   68 camaro rear suspension swap-ryanstuff-010.jpg  
Old 08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have a buddy that just put in a torque arm suspension on his S10. Wolfe Racecraft has done many cars like this. They are a sponsor ------------>
So, if many sub 10 second cars are successfully using it, I don't see why not.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at the stuff from BMR. Can anyone give me some measurements or comments on their adjustable street lower control arms, BMR trak pak "the shorter torque arm", and adjustable panhard bar. Do you have any of these products? Likes, Dislikes? I especially need the length of the lower control arms from center to center of the bushings and the amount of adjustability. How long is that torque arm? I like the Wolfe racecraft but that's geared a little to much toward racing only and I'd like to drive this car on the street a little more than the track. But thanks for the info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 68 camaro rear suspension swap