Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Problem???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Suspension Problem

OK, so I am driving my firehawk around and every once and a while, when I hit a larger bump in the road or drive out of a steeper driveway I hear a sharp painful clunk in the rear end of my car... It seems more to my left-rear side sometimes.

As you know the suspension causes the car, any car, to bounce a little.. this then creates some seperation between the tireds and the body of the car. Then, the seperation closes and becomes even more narrow than when the car is standing still... This is where the suspension kicks in and springs the car back up to prevent damage and an uncomfortable ride and what not....

Well in my situation, after the seperation, on the way back down, it almost seems like there isnt enough spring or clearance and the car doesn't spring back... it's just dead.. making a sound like some two parts are striking eachother.

I know if I hit some huge bumps that would probably happen no matter what, but sometimes i get the clunk even off of a medium sized depression in the road.

I dont know if this is usual for these cars.. and I fear it may be due to the accident I was in last summer.. where I was rear-ended pretty bad. The body shop supposedly 'fixed' the car, but did a shotty job on the body work. I wonder if they f-ed up the shocks, or suspension or rearend or somthing. I am worried about what kind of shotty job could be lurking underneath all the pretty exterior paneling.

Anyone have any idea?

Last edited by DBeck; 08-15-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Launching!

no one has an idea?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Second Club

Need more information about your car and any suspension work/parts you have on there.

Off the top of my head though, check the torque on your LCA bolts (80 ft/lbs).
Old 08-16-2006, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Azrael

Off the top of my head though, check the torque on your LCA bolts (80 ft/lbs).
yes, that might be it, i got some SFCs welded in a while ago and the LCAs were clickin like a **** on every little bump til i torqued them.

Quick Reply: Suspension Problem???