Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Real loud grind noise... (slightly long post)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Real loud grind noise... (slightly long post)

Howdy! I have an 02 Z with ASR and 82k miles. Original rotors with the back ones just turned a couple weeks ago but the front ones staying as they were from the factory. I still get a little vibration in the steering due to a warped rotor but its not as bad as it was prior to getting the rear ones turned.

I have new pads that the previous owner just installed within 20k miles but my front driver's side brake squeeks almost every day a couple of times. When i slowly come to a stop occasionally, it will make an extremely loud grinding noise as speeds below 10mph with the brake having medium to light pressure but doesn't do it if i hit the brakes hard.

It doesn't do it over the entire rotor, as it turns when im slowing down, the noise happens at a certain part of the rotor thus giving a "pulsating" type sound. Also, occasionally when i drive it sounds like the brake squeeks when im just cruising, not applieing the brake at all.

Is this something with the rotor or brake pad? Do I have to take it to brake check or the dealer since it has ASR to have the system bled?

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

noone?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Teching In

My brakes squeek all the time man, i think the only way to get away from that is to buy low noise pads. i get what i consider a regular loud squeeling when i stop slowly, theres never noise when i apply hard pressure to the brakes. the grinding and pulsating in your brakes might mean pads are little loose inside the caliper, correcting that might take care of it...

Quick Reply: Real loud grind noise... (slightly long post)