Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pictures of Line lock setups please

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pictures of Line lock setups please

I have a line lock kit that I am waiting to install. Its the SLP kit but, I'm not using the wiring or the lines that came with it. The only thing I'm using is the solenoid. Ive heard of putting a master switch under the hood for safety purposes but I'm not sure where to mount it. also, I need some ideas of where to mount the switch inside of the car. My first thought was to mount it on the Traction Control switch panel in front of the shifter. But I'm not sure if I want to drill a hole through that panel. Any pictures/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-04-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The master switch should go in the interior.

You want to be able to control it like your cruise control operates. i.e. you can only activate CC when you switch it on, then when you want it, you depress the button to activate it. Without the master switch active, you can depress the control switch all you want, nothing will happen.

Find a place you want to drill the hole...using a small replacable panel should not be of concern...you can always get a new panel for a few bucks (if you wanted to remove it for some reason). If the switch is attractive enough, why bother, just deactive the circuit and leave the switch in if you were selling the car.