Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Steering Wheel Shimmy, Need Help

Old 11-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Steering Wheel Shimmy, Need Help

Whenever I apply my brakes lighty-moderately I get a horrible shimmy. I only started noticing it after I installed my Baer Eridispeed rotors (got that brake kit from Thunder Racing). I checked the rotors for warping, but they aren't warped. I also started to experience "bump steer" I think it's called when the car likes to shoot off to one side or another on rough roads, so I got new Tie rods, a new left wheel bearing cause that WAS warped slightly, and got an alignment done, the car doesn't shoot as bad, but it still does it. Also after doing this I started hearing a thunk sound from the front end when I go close to max turn and go up a bump, like entering a high driveway or somethin like that. Of course the dealership said the bumpsteer was due to the large tires, but I am running the normal 275/40 17 so...plus it was a sudden problem, not a slow occuring one. So does anyone have any advice on which direction to go from here cause I'm at my wits end trying to get the car back to normal
Old 11-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT

Search this Thread