Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Isolater and hose trick.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Isolater and hose trick.

I changed wheels and tire's this weekend,and now the right rear tire rubs on bumps.

The car has Eibach pro-kit springs,I was thinking about taking heater hose doing the top to 2 coils and use the Isolater.I need about 1/2 inch more hieght.

Any suggestions on a easy cure.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

If you are only rubbing on one side of the car or you are rubbing the inner fender on one side and the quarter panel lip on the other side you need to adjust your PHB, or get an adjustable one if you don't have one. If you are rubbing both inner or both outer fenders, you need to take a long hard look at the wheel/tire fitment.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

I recentered the the rear end,it only rubs on the right side outer edge,there's about 1/2 differnce in height left to right side,the rear end is dead nut centered,wheel fitment is good,one side just needs about 1/2 inch more ride height.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the same problem when driving with a passenger over big bumps. My right rear fender rubs slightly and this solution crossed my mind. I have yet to try it, but it seems like it'd work in theory. Lemme know if you try it.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

My new idea is to make a spacer to go top the isolater,between the body and isolater.I think am going to use 3/8 lexan 1st and if it works make a one from aluminum.