Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

315's, I need a Panhard Bar now

Old 11-16-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 315's, I need a Panhard Bar now

I searched up an down and kept coming up with a double rod ended phb from UMI. The double rod ended means the one that is 2023? I get confued because it's double adj. but I keep seeing "double rod". Is this unit the same as the "double rod" that people keep mentioning. I read the double rod ended one helps out alot more and I didn't get the Nitto tires so I want the one that won't move the axle. I had rubbing on a previous car and DO NOT want that again. Also what about the Spohn or BMR double rod ones? Has anybody had experiences with them? Any other tips for eliminating rubbing issues. It's an 02 SS 6 spd. My rims are 17x11 50mm offset Zr1. THANKS
Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the interest

Yes item # 2023- www.umiperformance.com/2023.aspx is the double rod end panhard bar also called double adjustable.

Another option would be item # 2022, it is on-car adustable and features a rod end on one end, this also cuts cost of the item, this item can be seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2022.aspx

If you need any help please contact me. Thanks!

Ryan
Old 11-16-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Ryan not to insult you but I just bought the double one from Steve at SJM. I read the stats of both the bars for about 2 days now. I like the fact that the SJM phb has bolts included to tighten the fitment. Yeah I know a slight drilling is required but if it fits better then it's worth it. Most of the bars all compare the same. Thanks for reply though. I also would like to say that I got my tracking number 5 mins after I ordered it. Talk about fast!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only other thing you really can do to help from rubbing is to roll your fender lips. I rented a fender roller from a member here and it worked great. I also run 50mm ZR1's on my 02 SS.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The #2022 is an awesome piece and is extremely easy to adjust on car. I did a buddies alignment last week and that was the easiest part of the whole things. I'd highly reccomend one of those to anyone. Great Piece UMI!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ryanmgaspard
Thanks Ryan not to insult you but I just bought the double one from Steve at SJM. I read the stats of both the bars for about 2 days now. I like the fact that the SJM phb has bolts included to tighten the fitment. Yeah I know a slight drilling is required but if it fits better then it's worth it.
More info on this?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ordered my double rod SJM bar and I personally talked to Scott while ordering. There is a forum that Scott SJM and Ryan UMI have a discussion about the parts in their PHB. Scott made a point that their bars include 1/2in bolts instead of using the 12mm. The 1/2 inch bolt requires you to put a 1/2" drill bit through the 12mm hole on the car to make it fit properly. This will make it as tight as possible. Here we go, I just found it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=double+rod

This should clarify and it makes sense. I haven't seen but one person on the board with the SJM PHB and says it hasn't made noise yet. I'm not sayin he's the ONLY one, that's all i seen.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, what else do I need to get to make the rear hook up better? Should I do the bearing stud kit with girdle for rear end strength?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, guess you need your spray can. Powder coating is hard to beat, though. Best of luck, sounds like a good unit at a good price.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryanmgaspard
Also, what else do I need to get to make the rear hook up better? Should I do the bearing stud kit with girdle for rear end strength?
You need Oprah sitting on the wing...

Search this Thread