Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pinion Angle

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Arm Question

I have a couple of questions for you guys. Can you adjust your pinion angle with an adjustable torque arm only? Or do you have to have adjustable LCA's also? If Adj. LCA's aren't needed, is the only benefit being able to center the tire in the wheelwell? Thanks.

Last edited by WS6 SRT-8; 11-30-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An adjustable panhard rod will center the wheels inside of the wheel well, not a torque arm or LCA's. Not sure about the LCA's adjusting pinion angle but I dont beleive so, but dont quote me on that one. I think that only an adjustable torque arm is needed for pinion angle.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

No, LCA's are not in the equation for pinion angle.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, an adjustable torque arm IS what you want to be able to adjust your pinion angle.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys. When I said center the wheel in the wheelwell, I meant for a larger tire diameter. Is that the only benefit of adjustable LCA's? I didn't know if I should go with all adjustable or not. Also the car is lowered about an inch and a quarter. Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 SRT-8
Thanks guys. When I said center the wheel in the wheelwell, I meant for a larger tire diameter. Is that the only benefit of adjustable LCA's? I didn't know if I should go with all adjustable or not. Also the car is lowered about an inch and a quarter. Thanks again.
If you want to tuck some 28" slicks in there, you'd most likely need some adjustable LCAs (it would help greatly). The only other reason people get them is because they don't bind up under cornering like polyurethane does. I go back and forth between my poly/rod LCAs and poly/poly...the poly/poly is quieter for daily driving, but the poly/rod helps me drive like an *** around corners, scaring women, children, and small animals.

Generally speaking though, if you have the ability to adjust something, it is just one more thing you can screw up. I say keep the adjustable parts to a bare minimum...my car gives me enough grief as it is.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
If you want to tuck some 28" slicks in there, you'd most likely need some adjustable LCAs (it would help greatly). The only other reason people get them is because they don't bind up under cornering like polyurethane does. I go back and forth between my poly/rod LCAs and poly/poly...the poly/poly is quieter for daily driving, but the poly/rod helps me drive like an *** around corners, scaring women, children, and small animals.

Generally speaking though, if you have the ability to adjust something, it is just one more thing you can screw up. I say keep the adjustable parts to a bare minimum...my car gives me enough grief as it is.
Thanks for the input. If there's one thing I'm good at it's screwing up. Ask my wife.