Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

L.G.Motorsports Adj. LCA's and PHR

Old 12-27-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default L.G.Motorsports Adj. LCA's and PHR

I have a set of single adjustable LCA's and a single adjstable PHR from LGM. They use rod ends on both sides of the LCA's and one side poly, one side rod end on the PHR. My problem is that there is a clunking noise when I go over bumps. It's not that bad but I am **** about creaks and It's annoying to me. I did notice a very big difference in handling and body roll so I'm hesitant to change them but this car is a daily driver and I dont road race so I hardly ever get to take advantage of the extra handling.

-Is there a difference going from poly to rod-ended LCA's?
-Would the poly be quieter?
-Should I invest in plain boxed or go tubular again?
-What is the point in doing adjustable LCA's? Any advantage in a daily driver?

-This is for a daily driver car that I rarely race and when I do its usually on the highway. It hardly ever sees the track. I'm looking for something that will improve handling, reduce body roll, and keep the ride comfortable (as much as it can be with aftermarket parts.) I need to keep the PHR adjustable because my car is lowered and I bought these parts in the first place to re-center the rearend.

By the way, I still had bad wheel-hop after the LCA's when accelerating quickly from lights. I do have BMR LCA Relocation Brackets too so WTF?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understand, adjustable LCAs allow you to center the wheels up in the wheelwells after a drop. Mine, without a drop, sit very very slightly closer to the front of the car than the rear. Other than that, I think they act the same as a non-adjustable set.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Element
From what I understand, adjustable LCAs allow you to center the wheels up in the wheelwells after a drop. Mine, without a drop, sit very very slightly closer to the front of the car than the rear. Other than that, I think they act the same as a non-adjustable set.
Actually an adjustable Panhard bar allows you to center the body over the wheels
Old 12-27-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would guess it's the PHB rotating on the rod ends as the suspension loads and unloads.

You more than likely have the rod ends perfectly aligned. You might try mis-aligning the rod ends slightly so that it doesn't move as far.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BitViper
Actually an adjustable Panhard bar allows you to center the body over the wheels
Right, but I meant fore and aft, not side to side.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: L.G.Motorsports Adj. LCA's and PHR