Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

thinking about switching up my suspension...need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about switching up my suspension...need advice

Well right now I have Koni SAs, Hotchkis springs and stock sway bars. I am thinking of trying out the stock springs with Strano swaybars to see how much I like that. But then I was also thinking about trying out Strano springs...then I looked on his site and seen the spring rates for his springs are 550/150 and Hotchkis rates are 285/525 and 100/140...I have a LS1 so I'm guessing my rates are 525/140. I don't know all that much about suspension so I'm guessing the higher the spring rate that means the stiffer they are...my hotchkis are pretty stiff.

So if u have koni SAs, stock springs and possibley Strano sways chime in. I would do the perch/heater hose mod.

If u have Koni SAs, Strano springs and either factory or Strano sways chim.

Just give me ur advice and how u like ur setup. Mine is a DD with not much auto-x but still like a good handling car and I go to the strip on the weekends when nice and work alows.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Screamin_Z
So if u have koni SAs, stock springs and possibley Strano sways chime in. I would do the perch/heater hose mod.

If u have Koni SAs, Strano springs and either factory or Strano sways chim.
My combo to the letter (see sig). I am extremely happy! My car is also primarily a DD, but I hit the track whenever possible.

Its a bargin set up that works! Have you alingment done w perfomance in mind. Mine is 0 toe, -1.5 camber, +4.5? castor. Doesn't wonder or anything and turn in is much improved! Just get as much -camber as you can so long as its even both sides, same w + castor. Don't let the weiney (sp?) alignment shop guy push you into more factory specs...they have an inharent(sp?) push 4 people who cannot drive.

Also if you do not already have one...get an adjustable panhard rod (single adjustable-doublle is a waste of $). This makes a big diff!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

The hotchkis spring rates that you listed means that its a progressive rate spring. The more the springs compress the stiffer they get.

Quick Reply: thinking about switching up my suspension...need advice