Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tunnel Mounted T/A, TD Exhaust on 98Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunnel Mounted T/A, TD Exhaust on 98Z28?

Hey Guys,
I tried searching to see if someone addressed this, but no dice....can you run a true dual exhaust (TSP specifically) with long tube headers and have room for a tunnel mounted torque arm? I know clearance is tight beneath our cars, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this.....the car in question is my 1998 Camaro Z28, A4 trans. I've upgraded the control arms and panhard rod (UMI=great stuff!), and my next goal is to get rid of the weak, stamped-steel T/A in favor of one that bolts to a replacement transmission crossmember instead of the trans. tailshaft. Would I still have room to later install pacesetter long tubes with TSP's true dual system?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, it's possible. however u will have clearance issue. will be hanging low cause the tunnel mount bar will be further back. an option would be to have some one custom installed. I have kooks LT's with x-pipe true duals 16" bullets dumped. I dont have a T/A yet but I have a relocation trans mount bar. thats were I'll be connecting T/A end at. and yes I went with that one cause I wanted to run T/D's and tunnel mount would be to low for my likeing.

fuerzaws6