Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Going back to stock LCA's/1LE bushings??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Going back to stock LCA's/1LE bushings??

I bought LG poly/rod adjustable LCA's and PHR a few years ago when I was into puting money into the car. The rod ends are worn out now and make a lot of noise. I was going to simply replace the rod ends and throw them back on but I think I am going to go back to stock LCA's with 1LE bushings for comfort. I don't think I will regret it and I'm going to get Koni SA's and Strano springs which I read makes the biggest improvement over stock suspension. I don't autocross and I don't take tight corners fast; sweeping corners yes, but no canyon carving or anything like that. The car is turbocharged but I have never and will never launch the car; mainly in fear of breaking the stock rear (can't justify an aftermarket one), driveshaft, tranny or something else. I would much rather punch it from 30mph on the highway. That being said, where can I find 1LE bushings or equivelent or better, and will stock LCA's hurt my ability that much in everyday cornering or agressive driving on the highway (rearend swaying and car unstable at 140mph.) Just looking for your $.02. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, who makes a high quality rod end? Are they universal in size? I don't want the next owner of these parts to get shafted with noisy parts. Thanks again. Mike.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QA1 makes a good one. You can get them through Jegs, just buy the most expensive one.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 1LE I felt were just as good in autox as well as drag racing vs. the rod ended ones. Still rides on rails when doing over 100.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe Moog replacement bushings are 1le spec..... the difference i have seem between 1le and non-1le is that on the non the bushing is fluted, looks like a star... while the 1le bushing is a full round bushing

Quick Reply: Going back to stock LCA's/1LE bushings??