Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I need Koni settings for Strano springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I need Koni settings for Strano springs

I tried calling today and I left a message at Strano parts but he never called me back and I'm putting in the springs/shocks/swaybars tomarrow. I need to know what to set the shocks at, front and rear. And how much is a sweap, a 1/4 turn? And one last question, do the shocks have to be fully extended to adjust them or can you adjust them in the car at normal ride height. And before everyone askes, yes I bought everything from Sam, Strano springs, Kono s/a's, Strano Swaybars, and a UMI panhard rod.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I coudln't get ahold of him either when I installed mine so I set mine at full stiff right now, isn't that bad
Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Make sure you install the front shocks so the adjustment windows are facing "out", so you can reach them. A sweep is roughly 1/4 turn, but it's from one side of the window to the other. I can't really help you with the settings, since I've got Hotchkis springs, but mine are set 4 sweeps from full firm up front and 1/2 turn from full soft in the rear. Adjust them on the car, drive around a little, then keep tweaking them until you're happy.

-Mike
Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

I run full soft on the rears, and 4 sweeps off of full stiff on the front...it's mainly preference.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I responded to you PM. You called on Friday, I don't work weekends (need to do housework and visit my Mom in the hospital, etc.) and I'm working completely alone. Today is Monday, and I left work Friday @ 10 pm. I wasn't calling any one that late.

I ask everyone to call within a few days (business days) of installing the parts so I can avoid this issue as best I can. I can't just stop everything to return calls immediately, and it's no uncommon for voicemails to take hours to show up. I hope you guys can understand these things. I offer the information as a service and for free to customers. But I don't have called ID, I don't know who's calling on any of the 4 incoming lines (let alone e-mails).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I currently have the same as 02SS above, but I am feeling a slight bit unstable through turns on bumpy roads. I am going to turn the rears up one notch and see what it feels like.

It might also be another problem which I'll check first. I could have a broken torque arm mount and I don't think I tightened the rear swaybar to torque specs while the rear end was loaded.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

I know your busy and I understand that since you actually help people out after they already get the parts unlike most other places. I forgot to call earlier in the week and that was my fault. Plus I'm still waiting for my heads to get back so I can't even drive it yet anyway, so there is no big hurry since I can only push it around in my driveway .
Old 03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

that's good--tell you what, call me when you get your heads back. Doesn't matter until then, and I hope things will have calmed down for a bit too. Thanks for understanding!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
that's good--tell you what, call me when you get your heads back. Doesn't matter until then, and I hope things will have calmed down for a bit too. Thanks for understanding!
Sounds good to me. Hopefully I'll get them back by the end of the month.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope everything is well for your mother sam
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Launching!

from my reads and convo with sam i believe he goes with 2/3 stiff on the front... so thats 8 sweeps or 4 from full stiff... and that applies to SA and DA konis.. with 0 bump on the DA and full soft on the rears.... and again i have heard sam say he used the 8 sweeps on konis with factory springs which is 290 something all the way up to when he ran 600 coil overs

Quick Reply: I need Koni settings for Strano springs