Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where to put line loc ?

where did you guys mount your line lock pics would be nice thanx in advance
Old 03-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My slp line lock mounted to the front of the spring perch on the drivers side, and I mounted the switch in the ash tray. I can get pics for you on Wednesday.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our line lock kits are to be mounted in one of two positions, on the drivers side inner fender at either a front mount or top mount location. The front mount area has a more stealth appearance, the top mount location is a bit easier to install.

If you're considering putting together a kit your own, it can be rather gratifing and nice to say that you made it custom yourself. I applaud you. If you're doing it for cost, I think you'll find it probably is less expensive and quite a bit less hassle in the long run to consider a kit that is pre-manufactured as ours are.

Kits can be located at www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_ls1.html
Old 03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
where did you guys mount your line lock pics would be nice thanx in advance
You can see mine on the driver side.. This is the SLP line lock.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Our line lock kits are to be mounted in one of two positions, on the drivers side inner fender at either a front mount or top mount location. The front mount area has a more stealth appearance, the top mount location is a bit easier to install.

If you're considering putting together a kit your own, it can be rather gratifing and nice to say that you made it custom yourself. I applaud you. If you're doing it for cost, I think you'll find it probably is less expensive and quite a bit less hassle in the long run to consider a kit that is pre-manufactured as ours are.

Kits can be located at www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_ls1.html

Question for you SJM, I orderd my ABS delete kit with the flaring tool and it said it will fit with my SLP line lock.. Does the kit come with everything I need? What will I need to flare??
Old 03-08-2007, 12:28 AM
FormerVendor

Yes, it comes with everything that you need. You can sell the person above your lines if you like...he may be able to use them. You will have no use for them anymore.

Directions come with the kit with detailed pictures. When you receive the kit, let me know if you have any additional questions.

You may want to revisit your wiring of your current solenoid kit. I can help you if you like...it is not NHRA legal nor it is relistically a safe wiring setup.

The link below is our front mount kit(customer painted his solenoid black fwiw)...we've been building LL kits since ~1996 and are the originators of these styles. OEM fittings are used on master cylinder and modulator. Brake lines are smooth transitioned for better flow characteristics vs. sharp angles which can reduce flow.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=81771

ALL kits are in stock and ship w/in 24 business hours...many times same day!

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 03-08-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, it comes with everything that you need. You can sell the person above your lines if you like...he may be able to use them. You will have no use for them anymore.

Directions come with the kit with detailed pictures. When you receive the kit, let me know if you have any additional questions.

You may want to revisit your wiring of your current solenoid kit. I can help you if you like...it is not NHRA legal nor it is relistically a safe wiring setup.

The link below is our front mount kit(customer painted his solenoid black fwiw)...we've been building LL kits since ~1996 and are the originators of these styles. OEM fittings are used on master cylinder and modulator. Brake lines are smooth transitioned for better flow characteristics vs. sharp angles which can reduce flow.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=81771

ALL kits are in stock and ship w/in 24 business hours...many times same day!

Whats not NHRA safe? The SLP line lock the way mine is? Or the SLP line lock with your ABS delete kit?

FWIW, I actually ordered your ABS detele kit and the LL (for a buddy) plus my ABS delete kit.. You got any pics of the SLP LL with your ABS delete kit?? That would be great. Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 07:23 PM
FormerVendor

It will look like this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=75520

There are a few different options to run the exit lines which are listed in the directions with other pictures as well.

The SLP setup uses a non-momentary switch which is neither legal nor safe, the circuitry the last time I saw it was setup with a ground lift which is not correct. If you're wires shorted, you'd never blow a fuse, you'd only activate the line lock...not sure if they've change it or not...if you've noticed, their line configuration mimic's ours (I believe they use additional adapters instead of OEM style brake fittings...which you can see in your pictures leading into the ABS and master cyl) but their circuitry is bare-boned.

Our circuit works very similar to your cruise control.
1-You activate the master switch when you know you want to use the LL.
2-The LED illuminates letting you know the system is armed.
3-When you want to use the LL, it is controlled by the momentary switch, not the master switch.
4-When you know you're not going to use the LL, shut off the main switch, LED extinguishes This ensures you can't accidently deploy the LL while driving, cleaning the car, friend wondering "what this button does" etc.

Give me a call if you need additional support. We fully support our customers and answer questions the best we can (even after business hours as you can see).
Old 03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

O.k.. If I have any questions, I am sure I will call ya.

I just would hate to pay 110 bucks and get screwed in tech over a LL up at Brainerd this year. But, I had it on last year and no problems. Well, I had a problem but that was due to me sleeping at the freakin tree and gettin my *** kicked!! LOL

Also, I am in need of some skinnies and some rears. What is a lightweight rim that will fit? I heard that 15" rims will not fit and some will, whats the story on that? I also heard that Bogart's are super light and the way to go but are a little on the expensive side.. Can you feel me in on some prices and choices on that? Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Had a few issues because the locations were wrong when I bought the car so had to move the lines. This is a before picture, but it's the same location for the lock
Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

I just cant wait to get rid of the hidious ABS box sittin in front.. As u can see in my pic above, I all ready cut and sheet metaled my AC area out. The heater still works as well!! ALOT more room on the passenger side now!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

I guess I'm unusual...I don't mind the ABS or the traction control. Still have full ABS w/my line lock installed.

Why do people dislike it so much?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

For me, I just dont need it and I dont daily drive the car. The less junk to go wrong and make under the hood look better, is good for me!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
O.k.. If I have any questions, I am sure I will call ya.

I just would hate to pay 110 bucks and get screwed in tech over a LL up at Brainerd this year. But, I had it on last year and no problems. Well, I had a problem but that was due to me sleeping at the freakin tree and gettin my *** kicked!! LOL

Also, I am in need of some skinnies and some rears. What is a lightweight rim that will fit? I heard that 15" rims will not fit and some will, whats the story on that? I also heard that Bogart's are super light and the way to go but are a little on the expensive side.. Can you feel me in on some prices and choices on that? Thanks
Call me tomorrow if you'd like some advise and assistance on our Bogart wheels. Our Bogart wheels are the lightest direct fit wheel on the market. Different post and getting a bit off topic. Call me tomorrow and I'll fill you in on any questions you may have on designs.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Call me tomorrow if you'd like some advise and assistance on our Bogart wheels. Our Bogart wheels are the lightest direct fit wheel on the market. Different post and getting a bit off topic. Call me tomorrow and I'll fill you in on any questions you may have on designs.
Prolly be sometime next week, but I will for sure at one point.

Quick Reply: where to put line loc ?