Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear Konis installed and a question about the front perch

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear Konis installed and a question about the front perch

First off, I got my Koni's from Sam and installed the rears last night and all I have to say is if you don't have these shocks you need them. No words can describe the difference just from swapping out the rear shocks. I haven't even done the fronts yet! Before I would get annoyed pretty quick with the ole boat float and the car really wasn't enjoyable to drive unless I was going fast. Today I couldn't get out of it and most the time I was driving like a normal person.

I never did get a chance to actually speak to Sam but I've done a hundred searches and read nearly everything he's said about these shocks so I really didn't have much need to when I bought them. I want to install the fronts first thing tomorrow if possible so it's a little late to call him now so hopefully somebody can help me out. I just want to make sure I got this right before I get started. My question is, To get the lower ride height with the fronts is the only thing I have to do is just move that one little ring into the lower groove or do I need to do something else as well?

Last edited by Spink; 03-11-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, that's all you have to do.

-Mike
Old 03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Nope, that's all you have to do.

-Mike

I must agree. I have done this.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, thanks a bunch!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Just make sure you spin the front SA adjuster so if faces out in a direction that you can get to it through the sping coil. You may have to jack up the wheel as well depending on your particular spring set.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I think you got your question answered, but if you need anything else--let me know...

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Correct me if I am wrong, Sam, but I thought that on the phone last week, you asked me to make sure that the clip was in the UPPER ring (out of the 2) on the fronts. I haven't installed the fronts yet, almost ready to, but I saw this and want to make sure. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Lowering springs vs. stock springs? Different perch heights (if they want the lowering w/stock springs).

Of the next 10 I speak to about this, 5 could be the upper, 5 lower. Don't sweat it, if there was just one answer my job would be super simple. Setups vary, wants vary, parts being used vary.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Ok cool, just was checking. They are your springs, I thought I misheard so wanted to touch base using this method vice calling, I know you are swamped. Thanks for the answer

Quick Reply: Rear Konis installed and a question about the front perch