LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-16/)
-   -   Best Koni Set Price? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/688777-best-koni-set-price.html)

mikex70 04-03-2007 12:12 PM

Best Koni Set Price?

http://www.stranoparts.com/large_item.php

$850

Any one Find anything better? Let me Know

Kens_02SS 04-03-2007 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by mikex70
http://www.stranoparts.com/large_item.php

$850

Any one Find anything better? Let me Know

found mine for less than $800 shipped on ebay

Sam Strano 04-03-2007 02:38 PM

You better hold on.... First, we have Koni sets starting @ $740 and working up. Further I support the product fully--That is I go through installation details, adjustment details, what to expect by changing damping levels, etc. in great detail.

Am I the world's cheapest? No. But I'm also very much in step with what most everyone else sells for (and I sell for the lowest price Koni mandates and am not willing to lose them as a vendor by pissing them off). What you get from me is a fair price, but also tons of knowledge you don't get from other places (and no sales tax for you CA guys either)....

It's a free market and you can buy from lots of places. I'd only point out there is really only one company you can find here helping, who will give you complete setup information + variables. That might be worth something to you, might not. Just putting on the table.

Urban Legend 04-03-2007 03:28 PM

Get them from Sam. Sam will be there for advice when needed, unlike some unknown e bayer.

Krab 04-03-2007 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
It's a free market and you can buy from lots of places. I'd only point out there is really only one company you can find here helping, who will give you complete setup information + variables.

This man speaks the truth. When the time comes, I'll be buying my set from Sam, aside from a few other things I've already bought from him. :cheers:

Kens_02SS 04-03-2007 04:46 PM

You better hold on.... First, we have Koni sets starting @ $740 and working up. Further I support the product fully--That is I go through installation details, adjustment details, what to expect by changing damping levels, etc. in great detail.

Am I the world's cheapest? No. But I'm also very much in step with what most everyone else sells for (and I sell for the lowest price Koni mandates and am not willing to lose them as a vendor by pissing them off). What you get from me is a fair price, but also tons of knowledge you don't get from other places (and no sales tax for you CA guys either)....

It's a free market and you can buy from lots of places. I'd only point out there is really only one company you can find here helping, who will give you complete setup information + variables. That might be worth something to you, might not. Just putting on the table.

Easy there Sam, the guy just asked about price not service! So that's all i gave :judge:

Sam Strano 04-03-2007 04:51 PM

I understand. And I told him why I felt that price wasn't the only concern and that one tends to get what one pays for.

lt1_man 04-03-2007 04:58 PM

Sam wont lead you wrong, you should support our sponsors. Plus sam is a great guy and will help you out if you have any questions...

mitchntx 04-03-2007 05:34 PM

That price is a concern for me ... CMC has a price ceiling of $700 a set.

So technically, Koni DAs are now all illegal based upon that retail pricing structure.

Sam Strano 04-03-2007 06:18 PM

And how is that rule enforceable? Really, anyone can just make up an invoice. Maybe someone buy used shocks cheap. I understand that's the rules, but an unenforceable rule isn't really a rule at all, is it? If they want to control costs then they need to mandate what parts you can use, not just set a price. FWIW.

mitchntx 04-03-2007 08:26 PM

I understand completely and it's a recommendation that's been made.

But is winning outside the rules really winning?

speed_demon24 04-03-2007 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I understand completely and it's a recommendation that's been made.

But is winning outside the rules really winning?

Losing inside the rules is still Losing. :judge:

jaguar5822 04-03-2007 08:47 PM

I'm fairly certain he meant he wouldn't feel like a winner in his mind if he bent/broke the rules, doesn't matter whats on the paper/trophy in that case.

Urban Legend 04-03-2007 08:55 PM

Winning is winning, really.

jaguar5822 04-03-2007 08:57 PM

So I take it that you support illegal steroid use in sports as well?

mitchntx 04-03-2007 09:15 PM

Best racing I've ever had was racing for 5th with 2 other competitors.

5 laps, a dozen exchanges of position, no contact and a great story to tell after it was over.

Bragging about winning when you've skirted the rules doesn't make you a winner. It does make you a thief and a liar, though.

Sharpe 04-03-2007 09:33 PM

WTF did this thread turn into? Some sort of fucking ambiguous moral proverbs?

Confucius say, "Winning is not winning unless you're winning the winning win. Otherwise, you've lost losing the lost loser, loser."

jaguar5822 04-03-2007 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Confucius say, "Winning is not winning unless you're winning the winning win. Otherwise, you've lost losing the lost loser, loser."

= :supergay:

RooRnZ28 04-04-2007 12:00 AM

so is $740 for the SA? also does that include shipping? you have another potential customer here!

mikex70 04-04-2007 10:35 AM

Not tring to disrespect you buddy, just seeing what every 1 paid lol